Sizing Issues

Alia

Silver Member
:eek: Today took me on an up and a down. I've never been able to buy any clothes at all from Asda or Tesco etc as they all stop at a 24 - at my biggest I was a 34-36, and that was n't always a comfortable size either, some things were really still quite tight. Today I was shopping in Asda and saw a lovely red cardigan in a size 24 and tried it on and it fitted me really well, not tight at all. Came home and yes of course I bought it, even if I never wear it cause I'm thinking of framing it and displaying the label on the wall! Then getting ready to go to group I got a new top out and tried to put it on and it was so so tight around my tummy so it went back in the wardrobe with disgust and that was a size 32! All the difference in sizing is most frustrating to say the least!! :confused::confused:

Well done on your new cardigan, I bet you felt fab. Very well done on your weight loss - fantastic!

Sizes are very frustrating I agree, they're different in every shop. I can't really tell you what size I am now because I have everything from 10's to 14's, depending where I bought them, especially tops because I have a 34H bust and things don't seem cut to fit a big bust in a lot of shops.. I'm glad I wasn't aiming to be a particular size because I'd be very unhappy in a lot of shops if I had!

I just try on a few sizes incase!

yep sizing is really confusing.When you are trying to lose weight being a 16 in one shop and an 18 in another can be really confusing and dispiriting.I think all the shops should get together and agree on a standard sizing policy then we could all shop with confidence of the garments fitting and just what flaming size we actually are

Lesleyxx

I even had the prob with a pair of trainers I bought. I was in a rush so picked up the size I have always been-6. Got home and they were too small=about 2 sizes.Took em back and they didnt have another size but refused to give my money back.Went elsewhere and get what size fitted -6!!

I don't take any notice of what the size in an item of clothing says anymore!!
Last week I bought a denim shirt. I picked up a size 14, the size I usually am and could tell just from looking at it that it was small...even the 16 didn't look very big. I ended up with an 18, a size that I have never bought for my top half!! (bottom half, yes....but not at the top!!! ) It fitted perfectly!!
I don't even think it just varys from shop to shop anymore, it varys even within a shop as I think they buy items from all over the place these days (not like years ago when they manufactured their own)
And of course it depends on the style too. something tight fitted may need the next size up, whereas something loose and flowing will maybe fit you in the 'right' size...whatever the right size is!!
I certainly don't worry about what the label says, if it fits it fits!!!

Back