Sizing Question,..

funny you say that i got my measurements out from when i lost weight 2 years ago and im the same now at 89kgs than i was then at 84kgs but i put it down to exercising alot then.

I lost over 30lb and only dropped a dress size, I'm now a 14 (no size 10 bikini for me). I'm a healthy weight and people say I look slim now so why is a 14 considered large? Pretty annoying.

When I was 11st 5lbs I was a size 14 but looked a lot slimmer (I'll try and upload a pic if I can find one) and it's funny cos people obviously do class a 14 as big because when I was that size, people around me would have conversations insinuating someone 'fat' was a size 14, obviously totally oblivious to the fact I was that size! xx

Bat I still wear a french size 14 when I'm 10 stone and no way am I anything like fat at that weigh!

Sizes are a nightmare, I only weighed about 7 1/2 st in my teens in the '70's and size zero etc didn't exist! I was a size 10 then and had a 22 inch waist......that's probably the size of my thigh now! There is no doubt that woman are bigger these days and as for teenage girls? They're positively huge! I buy all my gym stuff from BHS girls department, it's cheaper and as you have to wash it so often I don't mind chucking it out when it gets a bit worn looking. I can usually wear age 12 white vests!

Anyone got any idea about good old Primark sizes?

I squeezed my still lardy arse into 2 pairs (not at the same time!!) of size 12 primark trousers. Before I get all excited (!!) I was wondering if Primark are cut particularly generously? Maybe size 12 next trousers should be my aim!!

Back