Skinnyrees incredible shrinking journey!

skinnyree

Hi Folks!

OK, so I have found myself here again...a roly-poly-oly who's getting married in just over 5 months :eek:
I've been using my pregnancy as an excuse for being a tubster but mon bebe is now a year old so can't really use that one anymore :sigh: (and I was fat before I had her anyway! :8855:) Guess I'll have to just crack on and lose it then eh!
I'm new here but have had a nosey round and thought "a public weight loss diary - it's a revelation!!" so here I am, about to blurt out all of my moans, groans and the occasional "yippee" when I weigh in every week I hope!:clap::clap::clap:
I don't really know how it's going to go, with my little tugboat (beloved daughter) it's probably going to be a bit as and when but I'll make sure I keep you updated and am HOPING that this helps. On a serious note now AHEM... I've really struggled for quite a long time with my weight and when pregnant fell poorly with gestational diabetes. Although it's gone now, the docs have said I need to lose my weight in 5 years or else will definitely become Type 2. I've actually got around 85lbs to lose but I thought hey, give yourself a break and focus on 55lbs for the :love047:. So back to the beginning, here I am, sort of a bit lost and a bit scared and hoping that someone will follow my journal and take the steps with me :chores016:
If you DO read this, I hope you enjoy and please do give me a little nudge of support every now and again.;)

Thanks folks!xxx

Hey, I'm aiming to loose 46 pounds by my birthday 4th sept, iv completely exhausted the baby excuse lol mine is almost 4!!! I'm just starting my third week of weight watchers pro points an I love the diet, I had a great first week loss of 4.8lb I worked out 3 days that week and only used 21 of my weeklies,

Last week I worked out 6 days and used 21 of my weeklies again, weighed in tonight........massive loss of 200g........Grrrrr bloody Grrrrr.......I came home and went crazy well almost I had some ww jelly lol, i guess it's going to be an up and down journey il keep my eye out for how your doing sounds like we have similar goals and time limits, good luck :D

Hi Cookie!

You confused me there (although it doesn't take much) when you said you weighd in tonight! I thought "what, it's lunchtime!??!" lol I understand now though :D
Yep, we have similar goals although mine will carry one once I'm married and had the honeymoon and gotten rid of the 6 stone I will probs put on in that time! lol
I am doing the old WW as I can't get my head around pro points but it's worked for me before so hoping it will work for me again.
Best of luck to you too! It's very do-able and it DOES work, we just have to stick to it! :)

Hi

Good luck! You are right..it's really doable and I'm sure with a wedding to motivate you you'll do just fine! x

I'm getting close to the end of day 1..yippeee! Although I'm finding it harder than nails to sit here with my cuppa tea whilst my dearest fella sits there munching hobnob flapjacks! Grrrrrrr
I've found today really quite good and already have noticed a change in my mood because I know I'm doing something good for myself!:D
Day 2...BRING IT ON WITH CHERRIES ON TOP!!!!! :D

Hey yeah the time difference can be a bugger when you want to chat lol, i moved here in dec from the uk so all my friends are sleeping when I'm feeling like a rant lol, it's definitely doable, I'm not sure what happened for me this week though it's really baffled me.........

The wedding should be a good motivation for you, I got married in December and leading unto it I just carried on and didn't do anything about my weight, now it's a massive regret for me, I love the pictures of family etc yet the ones of me I'm just like urgggh, an I can't change it now :( but I guess it wasn't my time then, it took something major to just click for me an I was like this is badddd fix it now your miserable lol,

So I stopped biting my nails ( something iv done for 23 years an never been able to stop ) I just decided and did it, I wanted to have a nice tan and fix my skin, so I have a good daily routine and I have a sun bed, it may sound very shallow but it's what makes me feel good so I'm working on myself for a while an now just the weight to keep at, I'm not sure how it happened I was always tiny and then boom I measured myself a few weeks back an was like **** I'm massive lol somehow I'd not noticed at all....

I think our goals are achievable I'd like to loose a wee bit more after but if I get to goal il be over the moon and you will be so proud of yourself when you look back at your wedding pics, so go for it! :D

Thanks folks!
Jo - Thanks for your msg...I've had a look at your weight loss and you've done brilliantly!!! I'm also in Cornwall so going to try to make the most of the lovely walks we have here etc :)
Cookie - That's exactly why I'm doing it - I've been big for so long that the ONE thing I want is to look good on my wedding photos. It's only a small wedding and I'm wearing a short dress (above the knee) so I want my legs to look OK too. Trying to drink lots of water and generally look after myself more as I think if you feel good inside, it's noticeable on the outside and with my one year old daughter, I've neglected myself a bit! Going back to your week, maybe you wokred out a bit too much? OR you might have a massive loss this week!!!! :D
I'm feeling good again this morning, positive and already healthier...hope it lasts! lol
x

Hey yeah my leader and hubby's think maybe it's muscle as I'm working myself pretty hard, I get what you mean about feeling better already it just the satisfaction of knowing your doing something about it.

Even though I was a bit Grrrrr about this week it hasn't slowed me I'm just gonna keep at it, something has to give.

I tried a short wedding dress, wish I had gone for it now as I got married in queens town and baked lol!
I bet you'll look wonderful!

I'm most probably going to renew my vows in the next couple of years as mine was small to and some of my family just couldn't afford the flights, plus if I did I'd have a really tight slinky dress this time with my tiny body lol lol here's to hoping hey!

LOL Exactly, make the renewal of vows bigger than the weddingand with a renewal of vows you can pretty much wear what you want!!! My wedding dress is a tunic from Monsoon. Really pretty. I knew what I wanted in my mind and wasn't even looking for a dress just yet but saw it and thought OMG that's the one!!! At the moment, I can only JUST get it on and it doesn't go over my thighs! lol it's a 16 and at the moment I'm a 18/20 but the dress seems a LOT smaller so am determined to get into it!!!

Well, I'm beginning day 3 now and still feeling extremely motivated. It's odd, I've noticed that when I have a few days off my ww and in my head feel guilty, I start arguingwith my partner and I'm in a foul mood and I've just realised it's down to me knowing I'm not doing anything about my weight!! When I AM doing ww I'm the perfect partner :D LOL
Weather is glorious here at the moment so making the most of it and having lots of salads and stir frys whichis good. I'm using most of my points on healthy things so hopefully the weight will come off a bit quicker. Fingers Crossed!! You shouldget yourself a ticker so I can follow how well you're doing! :)

Well, today is my 4th day and I'm still finding my willpower to be quite strong! I think I'm absolutely petrified that I won't get into my wedding dress! lol Can't wait for Saturday for my wi!!!!

Hey attempted the ticker, didn't work out so well lol I will try again at some point though, iv not had a weigh in this week because of the bank holiday, so I wont be weighed until next week not sure if that's good or bad? Iv injured my ankle to so not worked out as hard this week, but I think il survive lol,

How has your week been? How was your weigh in?

H x

Oh ps I'm

5lb down 41 to go!!!! Getting there I guess :0)

Back