Skydiving

-Laura-

Silver Member
Wasn't quite sure where to put this!

Has anyone ever done a skydive? Know anyone who has?

My OH really wants to do one, and I was going to pay for him to do it last year as a birthday present. I then saw that episode of Hollyoaks, and bottled it! Thinking about it again for this year (he's so hard to buy for!), but really want to be reassured by others' experiences!!

Hey, not sure if his birthday has passed now, but I'm sure it would be a great gift.

My friend and I skydived in America last summer and it was amazing. It was my first and only time so I did a tandem jump. I was nervous whilst I was signing paperwork beforehand (the idea of signing your life away lol) but once I was up in the plane the nerves had almost gone and I was really excited. I bought the DVD of my jump so I had a guy interviewing me on the way up and I really didn't know what to say I as just like argh! Oh my god! lol My instructor had done 7,000+ jumps and he was really reassuring that I'd be fine with him. He asked if I wanted to pull the string bit to pull the parachute open, he'd give me the signal when and help me out if I needed it but I said no cos I didn't want to have to think about it. When I was standing on the edge of the plane door I surprisingly wasn't nervous - I was far more nervous on the journey to the jumping place! It doesn't feel like falling when you leave the plane, it's so strange. I didn't look down cos I was looking at the camera guy who was falling next to me. You have to fix your face into a good smile if you're gonna get film/photos of the experience cos otherwise your face is flapping about all over the place which isn't attractive haha

I think your partner would love it. The thing you need to be careful about really is hurting your feet/leg when you land - you have to lift them up higher than the instructor's behind you so that you don't twist them up when you hit the floor or anything, and the instructor's feet land first, which I had a bit of a problem with, prob cos my stomach muscles are weak! lol

I did a sunset jump, so once the parachute was up I was just floating down towards the ground taking in the lovely scenery :) Was a fantastic experience which I'd always wanted to do, and I would def recommend.

Back