Slaj's diary

Just found vodka and lemon sorbet recipe in rose Elliots veg low carb cook book, only 3.2 g carbs per serving!

I've always thought about doing a low carb ice cream. Perhaps making a custard type sauce with cream, eggs and splenda, add some flavouring and bung it in the ice cream machine. No idea if it would work though.

The sorbet sounds great, can you share the recipe?

Hi sandra, gave dh an ice ream maker last summer - it was ok- frankly prefer berries and cream to frozen sweetened cream!

Hi Sandra. Thanks for the recipe.:D I'm making that tomorrow. Have some cod chunks in the freezer. Was looking for something to do with them.

Icecream- I was thinking doing something with cream/water/Splenda and a small amount of cocoa powder. And on owl just add a few finely chopped nuts in. Nothing fancy but it's sure to hit the spot.

I am thinking of doing the shred. I'll see how you get on first. If the results are good ill do it before I go on hols. I'm so excited!!

Have a great night xx

Low carb ice cream should defo be possible - add a little vanilla essence to a custard mix...

Morning!

Google Linda's low carb recipes. She has posted loads of yummy desserts and hundreds of low carb recipes.

Have a great day Xx

Morning Sandra, I remember my parents having an ice cream maker, lots of eggs, and milk (could substitute cream), vanilla etc it was gorgeous. Have a good day. x

Will try to post again, tried three times to post vodka and lemon sorbet recipe and it wouldn't let me! :(
Day 9 shred done, sneaky look on scales and I have gone up 3 lb! Have measured myself too and amazingly have lost 1 inch off waist and 1 inch off each thigh, daughter commented on my new waistline! O wonder if my blubber is starting to turn to muscle?
Have decided to try to be more imaginative with menus so will be trying more of Rose Elliots veggie low carb recipes :)

Vodka and lemon sorbet sounds far too naughty so maybe it's been censored? :). Seriously though, it's so blumming annoying when posts vanish in to cyberspace. Am looking forward to the recipe!

Mmm ice cream mmmm.

I thought of trying cream cheese with some sweetener and cocoa powder in it, stirring like mad and then chilling for a while....

Fourth time lucky , here goes
Vodka and lemon sorbet, serves 4, 3.2g carb per serving
1. Put 125ml water in pan with 100g low carb sweetener , heat gently to dissolve, remove from heat and cool

2. Stir grated lemon rind of 1 lemon and freshly squeezed juice of 3 lemons into cooled mixture and add 2 tablespoons of vodka. Pour into container suitable for freezing and freeze until crystals form. This will take several hours due to alcohol, break up crystals using a fork and return sorbet to freezer, freeze until firm.

3. Scrape mixture into glasses and serve decorated with some strands of lemon rind or sprig of mint
Enjoy :):):)

L Stilton and celery soup 5g ( rose Elliots recipe)
T sag paneer with prawns and fried cabbage with garlic

Attachments

• image-1785276842.jpg
    image-1785276842.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 36
Hello Sandra :)

That sorbet sounds lovely! Definitely on my weekend list. I might add some extra vodka though ;)

Well done you for keeping up with the Shred! Results so early on already! I take a bow to you ;) it can be done and you are doing it!

Saag paneer looks great! Really appetising. Spinach is superfood. Look at Poppeye ;)

Have a fantastic night and rest of the week. :D

Thanks for that DK ;). I was thinking adding the sorbet to vodka ;)

Love the food photo. Would you recommend the Rose Elliot book?

I always keep my vodie in freezer and it's lovely. Thanks for recipe Sandra.

It has some lovely recipes Val, no pics though which is a shame. She does use alot of soya protein powder which I haven't bought yet but some nice idea, going to try mockeroni cheese, made with tofu, there are some nice desert recipes too. I picked it up quite cheaply on amazon, always good to have new ideas :)

I like rose elliots book a lot, too. Easy to read even without pics. Definitely helpful if you like tofu though.

Saag paneer looks epic. Can I hire you to come and cook for me?

Morning Sandra:)

Must dig some new recipes out - fairly settled into a regular pattern so might spice it up!

Back