Slaj's diary

I am watching your new plan with interest! I really do miss having some fruit and more tomatoes etc. when low carbing. Can you still post your food for the day so we can check it out? X

How about rhubarb for fruit, Shrinki? It's induction friendly. Or a few berries, as they're the first step in induction?

Evening all

I am enjoying the additional fruit and veg, trying to keep off scales until Thursday!
B mango, pineapple, strawberries, Greek yogurt
L scrambled egg, tomatoes, mushrooms, Linda McCartney sausage, one carb ketchup
T quorn fillet, cheese slice, green beans, carrots, 2 new potatoes !!
Carbs 65g

Morning all,

Pleased to report one pound off this week, weight loss is slow and steady now but I am quite happy with that, my problem is that I can be so focused for weeks and then have a bit of a blow out and put back on what I have lost. I am hoping that by increasing the carbs and reintroducing different foods, I won't be so tempted to go off the rails again. Had my first small plate of spaghetti yesterday with a quorn bolagnaise sauce, really enjoyed it . Have a good day everyone :)

Morning all,

Pleased to report one pound off this week, weight loss is slow and steady now but I am quite happy with that, my problem is that I can be so focused for weeks and then have a bit of a blow out and put back on what I have lost. :)

You and me both hun! But well done on the pound, one a week and over 6 months that's 24lbs! xxx

Morning all, hope everyone has had a good weekend. I have made a big decision and feel very guilty saying this but I have decided to try to lose my last bit of weight ( about half a stone) following slimming world, my daughter is struggling with her weight and is following it so I have decided it would make life easier and would help her if I follow that woe also. Not going to join the group but read magazine and stalk the forum on here. I feel as though I am betraying my lovely Atkins friends but will still pop in, thank you for all your support over the last year, you have got me through some tough times and thanks to you all, I am nearly two stone lighter than when I first started. Love Sandra x

Hi Sandra, don't feel guilty! Your plan sounds good and a diversion is probably just the thing for you. Good that your doing it together, so much easier.

Good luck with it and keep us updated. xx

Slimming World is a very effective plan - no shame in doing that, and if it's going to help your daughter that's a great reason, I'd say.

Go for it, and good luck shifting those last few pesky pounds! :D

Ffft we all do what needs to be done! It sounds like you need a little break from Atkins anyway and sw works fabulously for lots of people. Supporting your daughter is a wonderful thing to do- but please keep in touch over here too!

Hi Sandra, I agree with the others that you should do what you feel comfortable with. Wishing you all the best with SW - pls come and let me know how you're getting on in my diary xx

PS - maybe you could move your diary to silver members so you can carry on with it?

Hi Sandra

Agree 100% with the others, I'm sure you will really like SW - they have a forum too, although it's not as chatty as ours :D

I hope you keep posting here and update us when you can xxx

Evening all, haven't started diary on sw as i am just recording what I have eaten on my phone, had a jkt spud and beans yesterday, felt so uncomfortable and bloated afterwards so although I am following sw I have decided not to go overboard on the carbs, don't think my poor tummy can cope after twelve months of low carb eating .

Lol Susie. That's reminded me is there a bread that avoids this effect? I was wondering if wheat or gluten free might work? I know they're expensive options but it would only be for me - the chaps can eat whatever is cheapest lol.

Morning all, damp miserable start to the day here. Well not a great start to my sw experience but better than nothing, one pound off. I wonder if it will be slow after not eating carbs for such a long time? I have enjoyed reintroducing small amounts of pasta and jacket potato, haven't eaten any rice yet . Hope everyone has a good weekend :)

Back