Slaj's diary

That does sound delish :) hope your day has been great?

Morning honey

I'm a ginger nut addict too - what with those, a few pills, foot cream (ewww), my latest cozy mystery and cat treats, my bedside table looks like a Miss Marple wannabe's :eek::D

Can picture it now Susie! :)

Sitting in garden enjoying the morning sunshine, just eaten bowl of mixed berries with fat free yogurt, I'm seriously thinking of following the South Beach diet, am waiting for book to arrive. Has anyone tried it? Looks like it is low carb and low fat dairy, I have been so greedy with clotted and double cream recently think I need to knock it on the head ! Hope everyone has a lovely day :)

Hi Sandra, i've got the South Beach Diet book (what book haven't I got lol) but never did the diet.

I'm starting the Rice Diet tomorrow. Very interesting concept and claims you can lose 20lbs in a month which is the reason Dr. Dukan will have to wait his turn. bought the book last year but never did the diet. Lots of rice, fruit, veg, pasta, beans, and low fat dairy. Right up my street.

We'll see what happens.

Good luck with SB x

Morning Sandra,

it sounds like everyone is going around in circles right now :( I'd like to follow a different diet for a while to change it up but low fat is going against what I have been taught on Atkins. It's has to work though surely?
i wish you luck on what ever you choose, I'm debating change too because I'm being naughty, being lazy and I am not allowing the now and again sneaking in to get out of hand.

Hello all

Weighed myself , so wish I hadn't , 3lb on!! My eating is a bit all over the place at the moment, relatively low carb all day and then I blow it all by having a beer after work sitting in the garden! One beer usually leads to another!
Still waiting for south beach diet book, will hopefully arrive today, have been reading about it on website and really like the sound of it, I need to make my mind what woe I am following and stick to it!!

Morning Sandra, it will just be the water weight with the beer and go overnight I'm sure. Who can resist beer when the weather is so good, goes hand in hand. I think hottest, sunniest day ever here in Scotland yesterday!

I'll have a re read of SB, bet it will really suit you. x

Morning Sandra

As Val says it will just be water weight - and who can resist a little beer or wine to celebrate these lovely sunny days! :)

Be interested to hear what you think of South Beach - I think it's the only woe I haven't tried...

Morning Sandra,

I don't drink and even I have been tempted to crack open one of oh peronis. It's the weather, we don't get such food weather often here so can totally get beer in the garden aspect. Don't beat yourself up, it will be water or beer weight ;)

Morning Sandra,

Hope your well, I'm sure the gain will drop off again soon as your back into a plan. I hate being in limbo, for me it's usually like I've just come out of carb prison as I'll go mad for everything bad.

Hope your book has arrived, good luck on your SB journey xx.

Morning all, sorry haven't posted for a few days, have had a hectic few days visiting family and enjoying myself a bit too much!
Trying to get head back in gear and stay focused , finding it so hard but am determined now, clothes feeling a bit tight and dread getting on the scales!
Back to work today after four days off :(
Hope everyone is well and enjoying the glorious weather x

Morning Sandra

Glad to hear you've let your hair down last few days...

Nice to have you back xx

Hi val

I am on mfp but often don't log on, I try to make a record on my phone during the day, have had a good day today and stayed on track, long may it last!!

Hi val

I am on mfp but often don't log on, I try to make a record on my phone during the day, have had a good day today and stayed on track, long may it last!!

Congratulations :) and yes long may it continue for you.

Morning Sandra x.

Yeah I'm doing mostly good. Staying on plan and chipping away xx.

How's your SB journey going?

Morning all

Well I am over the moon, weighed myself this morning and I am 4lb down and it is totm. So chuffed, no alcohol for a week, low fat dairy products and lowish carb, allowing myself one small portion of carbs per day, so eating approx 100g carbs daily. So far so good!

Looking forward to the weekend, daughter breaks up today from school , she is in a showcase singing , dancing and acting tonight so should be good. 17 year old son has been off college for three weeks already , he is completely nocturnal , goes to bed approx 3am and doesn't surface til about 3 in the afternoon! Trying not to let it bother me and to stay calm. Hoping the glorious weekend holds out, happy Friday everyone x

Morning all

Well I am over the moon, weighed myself this morning and I am 4lb down and it is totm. So chuffed, no alcohol for a week, low fat dairy products and lowish carb, allowing myself one small portion of carbs per day, so eating approx 100g carbs daily. So far so good!

Looking forward to the weekend, daughter breaks up today from school , she is in a showcase singing , dancing and acting tonight so should be good. 17 year old son has been off college for three weeks already , he is completely nocturnal , goes to bed approx 3am and doesn't surface til about 3 in the afternoon! Trying not to let it bother me and to stay calm. Hoping the glorious weekend holds out, happy Friday everyone x

Morning Sandra, that is absolutely brilliant news!!!! Hurray!

wow 4lb down is a great inspiring number. No wonder you feel over the moon but what you should feel more over the moon about is getting back on the wagon, it's not easy so give yourself a big pat on the back :)

Back