sliiming world v weight watchers

I have only been on slimming world five days and have never been on weight watchers but I looked into both before I started dieting.

On both there will be convenience food, (pasta n sauce, mugshots and low fat supernoodles for sw), on both careful planning is required (weight watchers to make sure you use your points appropriately, slimming world to make food, and going out to eat).

I have realised I could be super unhealthy if I did green days on sw (my record is 5 packets of supernoodles and 5 packets of pasta n sauce, HEXA cheese for pasta n sauce and HEXB would be bread for noodles, this is prior to starting and was testing the two diets out) but I could also do the same on weight watchers.

In terms of unhealthiness, a diet is an unhealthy as you allow it to be. I decided on sw in the end because extra easy forces you to have 1/3 superfree and although I may not always get that, it is a focal point. I don't think I could do green or red because I just wouldn't have any super free foods at all (unless the rules for those have changed to be 1/3 superfree as well). Right now, I don't have the will to change my diet unless sw tells me directly.

Really well done! Think some people need tye security of having a limit as to what they can eat (portion control)

Anyway Starlight roll on next yr's X-Factor!!

I think thats very true. I like knowing when my points are done, thats me and make my choices accordingly. By making sensible choices Ive never struggled and run out.

DOI just isnt the same is it lol

It is ALWAYS up to the individual to take responsibility for how they use either plan to their full advantage in helping them lose weight!

Youre so right! Many people are under the misconception that WW is all about convenience food and eating junk. Yes technically you can but thats not what the diet is about, just as using all your Syns every day on chocolate isnt really ideal either. But some people WILL make bad choices and then say the diet doesnt work properly.

Wow 8lb! I can't believe my question opened up such a debate! I guess it was niave of me not to expect it though! It's quite impressive how strongly people believe in the diet they're doing and how brilliant it is

I think when youre following a diet you love and it works you just become slightly evangelical about it and wonder why anyone would choose to do another one lol

I've been on both, I find that WW fits in with my social life-ie going to watch the footie, having a few pints and a pizza or whatever. I just literally wouldn't be able to eat anything else as I nwas only on 18 points a day. For me, this was no way to live. I HATE being hungry all the time, it was turning me into a horrible person cuz I was tired and snappy all the time.

To be fair though using all your points like that really isnt doing the diet the way its meant to be. Youll find people doing WW 'budget' for days like that

I think the one point we cant argue on is both diets work, and both work extremely well, what one we choose is very much down to lifestyles and personal choices, ultimately so long as the weight comes off - thats the important thing ;)

I 've done both and would have to say sw suited me best as on ww did it from aug -nov lost 10Bs with pointing I tended to eat alot of rubbish syn vals much higher so I ate more healthy its still agreat plan and every one has different preferances a pal of min e gives ww the t humbs up conpaired tosw I must say did like the way they do the meetings better than when I last went to asw meeting

Anyone have any comments about which ones better? usually I love doing slimming world and the freedom it gives me but just had an arrrghhhh! moment when found out the pizza i'd bought was 23.5 syns but on the bow it says only 7.5 weight watchers points!!

Some interesting replies and as soon as I saw this I thought it would prompt heated discussion. We have this type of thread appear a lot! Did you post the same thread on WW? I wonder what answer you got there?

Anyway, this is how I see it - you wanted a pizza so thought, hmm, I'll do WW cos you are allowed a pizza! Well, on SW you are also allowed a pizza

Weight Watchers Pizza Oval, Hot & Spicy Chicken, individual, chilled 100g each[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
9 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 9 Syns
green.gif
Green 9 Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
or you could make your own pizza toast?

Lets face it, you could even have a flexi syn day and have any pizza, it's all about balance.

I think WW followers do get agrieved (and rightly so) when people think "oh I'll follow WW and eat lots of rubbish" - that's not what any diet is about.

I particularly liked the post about doing a week of each to compare - my friend was doing WW and for a few days I actually added up the points of my SW foods, tbh, I was eating the same points as her!! I eat a lot by the way.

So WW isn't about restriction, it's about how you allocate those points and as for it being unhealthy with "all those ready meals" - someone at my group eats jacket potato with a pasta in sauce in it almost every day, not exactly healthy and balanced either!

The most successful diet WW, SW or any other is the one which works for you - if your head is in the right place then you will lose weight.

That's my twopennorth anyway!!!

I wonder how much of this is through results and how much of it is through positive reinforcement and the respective slimming clubs blowing there own trumpets? A bit of both I guess.. but if it works and it makes everyone feel positive and happy it can only be a good thing..

That is such an interesting question. I have always done my Slimming World online and never went in for any of that visualisation stuff as I could never actually see myself being slimmer - and the weight still came off!

But it must work - my Paul McKenna DVD does exactly the same thing too - he says it is very successful with sports people etc.

I should add as a caveat to my last post that I have watched my Paul McKenna DVD 3 times in the last five years lol but maybe he gave me a subliminal message somewhere along the line!

Back