Slim and Save>Atkins

LauraNya

I was wondering what people on VLCD think of going to Atkins from S&S. Atkins also works because of ketosis but do you think you would gain weight back? It seems like it may be a more satisfying way to re-feed.

Interesting you say that because that's fully how I intend to maintain in the short-long term.. whether it will work though is another question! x

I've been pretty much doing that for most of this year, not specifically Atkins but low carbing between periods of vlcd - I didn't gain at all when doing this didn't lose a great deal most of the time either. When I've come off plan and eaten carbs it's become clear that they really don't agree with me at all, so my future plan is to maintain on a relatively low carb basis - and to use a 5:2 plan when I need to lose (using S&S for those days).

I've been doing a lot of research into longer term low carbing and it really makes sense to me. Dr Micheal R Eades blogs are full of really useful information if you're considering this lifestyle longer term :)

Awesome. Seems like a good thing for me to try out when I'm finished in a few weeks then. Thanks for the info :)

Back