Slim fast

lots

Hello newbie here! I have previously been successful on the cambridge diet but I have put back on two of the three stone I lost! So I thought I would give slim fast a go! I am a typical yoyo dieter! I have been using slim fast and have bought some asda measure up shake, it's only £4 per tub and tastes fine. I am currently a size 16/18 and would like to be a 14.
I am having 2 shakes per day, drinking a minimum of 2 litres of water per day + tea and coffee. I am eating a low carb evening meal and a couple of < 100 calorie snacks per day. With an aim of 1000 calories per day. Am I on the right tracks? Any tips would be much appreciated and how much on average are people loosing per week? I have been doing this for a week now, my scales are unreliable so not weighing myself until I get to my parents at the weekend! Thankyou!

Hiya and welcome to slimfast.

You've done so well already, congratulations.

I personally think 1000 calories a day is a little too few for this diet. If you follow the plan properly you should be having 1250-1300 at the least.

Your first few weeks losses could be up to a good few lbs, then as your body gets used to the diet I think a nice steady 1-2lbs a week is healthy losses.

Good luck and keep us posted on how you get on.xxx

Thank you for your reply.

I am getting married in June so that is why I am trying to loose as much as poss, and why I have gone for 1000 calories. Will see if the weight comes off and if not I will have to have a re think!

Off to asda today so I will see what shakes are on offer! Haven't tried any bars yet so might give them a go. Might also invest in some new scales but I don't want to get too obsessed!

Well first weigh in...... 5 pounds off! In a week and a few days. A lot of that will be water in the first week. But I am very pleased! Off to a good start, hopefully it will continue!

Feel more motivated today, yesterday I could have eaten all day but I resisted!!

Got a busy few days wedding planning and catching up with friends and family, who don't know I am on a diet but determined to stick to it!

Back