Slim for the bif Four - Oh!!

Lucky7

Lucky7
Ok - so, in 16 weeks today I shall be celebrating my 40th birthday, and I intend to do this feeling happy and confident in myself. This involves being SLIM. Besides which, I have just counted ten pairs of jeans in the cupboard that don't fit, and not a single pair that do! NOT good news. None of them are more than one size (or less) from where I am though, so I just need to get a bit of determination back. I have done it before, and I can do it again.

SO...

Day 1 on food diary (haven't actually eaten dinner yet, but it's all organised)...

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
1 orange

ZUMBA Class

Snack:
Alpen light (will have the other one later) and some strawberries

Lunch:
Huge salad (tomatoes / cucumber / radishes / celery / peppers / beetroot / coleslaw veg / tin mackerel in brine / hard boiled egg with 2 tbsp of syn free (less than 40kcal per 100g) salad dressing stirred in).

SORTING OUT CLOTHES!! - How on earth did I ever end up with so many???

Snack:
Del Monte Pinapple Lolly 3.5 syns
Alpen Light (rest of HEx B)

Dinner:
Chilli made with XLean Mince / Peppers / Tomatoes / Mushrooms (loads of them) served with salad and a little wholegrain rice
VFF Yogurt (Asda own Prune flavour 2 syns)
Supper
Cheese (HEx A) with a quorn burger (0.5 syns)
One and a half Scan Bran (1.5 syns)
X Light Philladelpia = 5
Watermelon

Total Syns for the day = 12.5

More than had intended - but if hadn't been fooled by that flippin' prune yogurt (thought was syn free) it would have been okay. Just goes to show - always check syns!!

Tomorrow I am going to a BBQ at a friends house - I hope this won't be too damaging. My main weak point in dieting is alcohol, and after having a very boozy weekend I think I may be best to drive and stick to alcohol free drinks for the evening, and of course have syn free foods for the day prior to going. This is the message I rec'd about food that my friend has got in...
ok , we have chinese pork steaks , jerk chicken with rice and peas, prawn and veggie kebabs, sausages,lamb koftas,corn on the cobs a couple of types of salad , some coleslaw, some italian style fish for emma, some lime and chilli squid, and shed loads of bread in various forms, if there is anything you need thats not on the list then feel free to bring, but really prob just what you re drinking and a nice warm jumper haha - oh yeah don t panic daboo theres fish fingers also ;-)xxxxxx

I shall be avoiding sausages, lamb koftas, coleslaw and bread. Thinking what syn free delights I could take along.

Any comment or ideas gratefully received.

:D

Last edited:
Oh - and the Title was supposed to read 'Slim for the Big Four-Oh' - bloomin' typo! Can't see how to edit it.

Think I'm going to have an Original day today as am going to the BBQ tonight.
Going to take some SW friendly stuff (including my Xtra amazingly light Mayo) and some syn free salad (nothing worse than there being loads of salads all dripping in high-syn dressing) - oh, and the big chocolate cake that my other friend kindly dropped round for me last night (sabotage!!!! lol) for the others to share. Just got to read up on red days (eg - does that mean no beetroot?). Now, where are my old books....

Oh yes - an so far today...

Breakfast:
2 Boiled eggs
1 apple & 1 orange

Planned for daytime:
Turkey and veg stir fry for lunch (syn free)

Snacks:
Banana & Orange
Activia VFF Yogurt

BBQ:
Work in progress

Please let us into the secret of the Xtra amazing light Mayo - I buy Morrisons very light but it tastes more like I should be using it for polish !!!

I have cut out alcohol or all or more of the syns allowance would be liquid :)
Good Luck.

I tried to alter my title and couldn't find out how to do it.

Liquid syns indeed! Plus my resistance for other high-syn delights is completely diminished by a few drinks.

I get the Helmans Lighter than Light mayo. 0.5 syns per tablespoon. Not the same as full fat stuff, but better than nothing and worth the syns.

Thanks for the luck - have a feeling I may need it - noone else there 'does' dieting!!

Ok - have decided to stay EE. bread only upsets my tummy anyway, and after re-aquainting myself with Alpen Light bars yesterday I could do with a less turbulent rest of the week! (So wish I could eat those Alpen Lights without stomach blowing up). :eek:(

Going to make a quarky thing with white choc options, sweetener and strawberries as well. Will see how it turns out!! If it's not so great I'll keep it at home for topping my fruit with. Also going to take so watermelon chunks for sharing. Shopping list in gym bag ready for Asda after Body Conditioning class. Sorted.

Back