SLIMFAST/TESCO ULTRA SLIM?

This is my first week on tesco ultra slim and I don't weigh til Monday so I'll let you know then. I like the shakes though and the meal replacement bars and the Thai spiced crackers are gorgeous.

Hey,

When I dieted before I used to switch between the Tesco Ultra Slim and Slimfast, didn't make any difference to me. Still lost the weight i wanted to. (I had my implant taken out, diagnosed with PCOS and switched to the pill, now ballooned right back up!)

I started at 190lbs ish, finished up at 165lbs within 3 months, so I would vouch for it!

Although try the individual small cartons of the different flavours before you buy a big tin! I learnt very quickly although they may both say the same thing they taste VERY different!

I like the Tesco Raspberry replacement bar, very nice. Never tried crackers? Haven't seen them i don't think. will look out for them.

Hi, I bought telco ultra slim a few weeks ago, but then I looked at the nutritional information and noticed it is full of carbs and sugar! Look at the label you will be shocked! Considering the easiest way to loose weight is to cut down on carbs,saturated fat and sugar I didn't think it was the best slimming product.
I think it's defiantly worth thinking about what you want from a diet before drinking this stuff. Iv thrown mine in the bin now and got some high protein diet shakes instead which cost about the same. Read up on the benefits of protein with weight loss and make up your mind on the telco/ slim fast shakes.
Carbs get stored in your body if you don't burn them off, where as protein is not stored in the same way,so in a diet protein shake it's a slow release protein that you get your energy from, not stored carbs, and because it doesn't store it, your body burns more fat for energy and uses more energy to get fuel from the protein, making you use more calories. Also with protein you won't loose muscle mass just fat.
Sorry if it sounds like a lecture, just think everyone should know what they are putting in there bodies.
Iv just started using a protein diet shake called phd diet whey, it tastes good, and keeps me fuller for longer.
Keep track of my diary and il post my losses on Monday.

I switch b/w Tesco one n slim fast as the Tesco one is cheaper but also the choc one is nicer flavour than the SF one!
I reckon they work the same otherwise they wouldn't b able to sell it same as SF! I wud go for cheaper one or what ever offers are on any time! it's my first proper day on it again x
Need to loose 1&1/2 stone by october!
X
Gud luck to all
?

Wish bird if you have until October to loose 1, 1/2 stone your better off just changing your diet and being more active, I think you are more likely to stick with it than a quick fix. If you go online you can work out how many calories you can consume to loose the amount of weight you want in that amount of time. Stick to the amount of calories, low carbs fat and sugar and you will do fine.

EMMA. said:
Wish bird if you have until October to loose 1, 1/2 stone your better off just changing your diet and being more active, I think you are more likely to stick with it than a quick fix. If you go online you can work out how many calories you can consume to loose the amount of weight you want in that amount of time. Stick to the amount of calories, low carbs fat and sugar and you will do fine.

Yeah I know am gonna be more active too, just want a kick start cos I have tried eating healthy in wk n it doesn't work I end up eating crap cos I hate work at mo so I get fed up at least with these shakes I tend to want to stick to em. But yeah I got myfitnesspal app n that gives me a 1200 calories limit so it shud work we will c x

ultra slim shakes

ive been having the Ultra slim shakes from tesco this week. I found they were much sweeter than slim fast shakes and much tastier than the biggest loser shake.

If you have a sweet tooth you will defo love the tesco shakes. As Emma said, they are prob not the best choice as they are high in sugars, but i will say they are very filling and yummy and maybe better than what you might eat, if you don't have a shake.

I have one for breakfast and if i am able to prepare/find a healthy 250cal lunch then i will have one,otherwise i love the simplicity of the shakes.

im loving this diet so far but early days, its only been a week :p

I have been in SF for 2wks n defo prefer the taste n the price of ultra slim shakes.
Have lost 4lb in 2wks so something is working xx

I also switch between SF and Ultra Slim, just to make it a bit cheaper! I prefer the ready-made Ultra Slim shakes to the Slim Fast shakes, they're much nicer. Haven't tried the Ultra Slim powders though, but they're next on my shopping list :)

@Emma, ive heard the tesco powders are not that nice, lets us know how you find them, as that will save even more $'s

Thanks Emma- I'm new to this, (but not new to weight issues). I'm trying slimfast and a little bit of dukan this week. I have the ultraslim cartons in my fridge and their out of date in May. You've inspired me to have them this week :)x

No problem Sam, I really enjoy them, so I hope you do too!

And Nadia, I've heard that too, but I'm willing to give them a try to save money lol :)

Back