Slimmer by September Challenge

Miss Scarlett Blue

Silver Member
This is a new challenge open to anyone who wishes to join in. Set yourself a target for how much you would like to lose from when you join the challenge to your weigh in closest to the start of September. Hopefully then we can follow on by starting a slimmer by Christmas challenge.

This is open to anyone - it doesn't matter on the method you are using to try and lose weight. You are very welcome to come join the challenge. Simply copy and paste the list and add yourself to the bottom. Good luck everyone. 🍀

So my weigh in is on a Monday and exactly 12 weeks today is 31st August, so I will be aiming to lose 20lbs between now and then.

Miss Scarlett Blue - 0lbs/20lbs

I’m in! Starting at 20st9lb and I’d like to lose 33lb to get to an 8 1/2 stone total loss. It feels like a big amount but I’ve been over on my last 2 challenges and it works out about right if I can stay consistent. I weigh in on Mondays x

Ravenous - 0/5lbs (154/157.5)
Lisa - 0/10lbs
charlotte_k - 0lbs/33lbs

I’m in! Starting at 20st9lb and I’d like to lose 33lb to get to an 8 1/2 stone total loss. It feels like a big amount but I’ve been over on my last 2 challenges and it works out about right if I can stay consistent. I weigh in on Mondays x
Brilliant. Great to have you on board. You are doing amazingly well x
Lisa - 0/10lbs
charlotte_k - 0lbs/33lbs

Hi there. I'm new as have just registered. I would like to join the Summer Challenge and have a target of 30 pounds by 1st September. I prefer to count calories as if I really want a bar of chocolate I can have it. My problem is yo-yo dieting. I have just had my 60th birthday and had, prior to last Saturday, lost 5lbs. When I got on the scales this morning I had put on 7lbs. I know a lot of this is probably fluid but I do seem to put the weight on very quickly now I am older and find it harder to get it off.

Hi there. I'm new as have just registered. I would like to join the Summer Challenge and have a target of 30 pounds by 1st September. I prefer to count calories as if I really want a bar of chocolate I can have it. My problem is yo-yo dieting. I have just had my 60th birthday and had, prior to last Saturday, lost 5lbs. When I got on the scales this morning I had put on 7lbs. I know a lot of this is probably fluid but I do seem to put the weight on very quickly now I am older and find it harder to get it off.
Welcome and great to have you join the challenge. I’ve added you to the list below. There are quite a few people on here who are calorie counting. Hopefully the 7 pound gain will go very quickly for you and then you can keep going. Good luck.

Lisa - 0/10lbs
charlotte_k - 0lbs/33lbs
rsr96- 0/24lbs
Fiesta Lady - 0/30lbs

Hey all, I'm here too. Just had a really rough week* so didn't log in. I think I finally figured out why I have so many STS's. I'd been eating a lot more (healthy foods) than a normal "diet" because of powerbuilding to ensure I was fueling my muscles, but I have a feeling it was too much to actually drop fat consistently. So I'm gonna cut my food a bit and drop down to only 2x a week, full-body workouts (instead of 4x upper/lower workouts). My workouts had been Upper Body Compound (barbell) and Isolation (dumbbell) and then Lower Body Compound and Isolation. Now, I'm just going to do Compound 2x a week so I don't lose the strength I gained (example, when I started I could lift 20 pounds on the overhead press, then I progressed to 30 lbs and now I'm at 42 pounds). At the end of this challenge, if I reach goal when I reach goal, I will up my calories again and add back the isolation exercises.

Lisa - 0/10lbs
charlotte_k - 0lbs/33lbs
rsr96- 0/24lbs
Fiesta Lady - 0/30lbs
SteampunkChic -- 0lbs/20lbs

*My 4-year autistic son has been on a waiting list for delay and behavioral-related therapy since October and his name finally came up. So I had to take him in twice for reassessments. He starts next week. Also this week, school resumed and it is the most challenging class I've taken yet. And of course, the 2-year old is still in a cast from his fractured wrist. So, I do apologize for my absence the past week or so. Though I am happy to report that I actually didn't gain and only stress ate 1x through all of that. I even think I will finally get under 165 this week and get my recipe book reward. :)

It sounds to me like you've done extremely well if you haven't put on anything and haven't given in to emotional eating (my downfall). I think muscle weighs more than fat and this happens to a lot of people if they exercise a lot. I hope your son benefits from the therapy and that your 2 year old's arm gets better soon. Good luck for this week weight wise and with your class and hope you get your reward.

*My 4-year autistic son has been on a waiting list for delay and behavioral-related therapy since October and his name finally came up. So I had to take him in twice for reassessments. He starts next week. Also this week, school resumed and it is the most challenging class I've taken yet. And of course, the 2-year old is still in a cast from his fractured wrist. So, I do apologize for my absence the past week or so. Though I am happy to report that I actually didn't gain and only stress ate 1x through all of that. I even think I will finally get under 165 this week and get my recipe book reward. :)
Sorry to hear about your struggles. Hope things are sorted soon. I am sure you will be there this week and use your recipe book.

Hi all! Thanks @Miss Scarlett Blue for setting this up. Great to see so many familiar faces :)

I have 11 weeks until my final weigh on 28 August from today. I would really like to lose 2lb a week 🤞 which would leave me 22lb lighter! What?! Can't quite believe that!
That also seems ambitious... We'll see. If I manage it, I'll be lighter than ever and 183.2lb (13 stone 1lbish) let's face it, anything is better! Good luck all.

Lisa - 0/10lbs
charlotte_k - 0lbs/33lbs
rsr96- 0/24lbs
Fiesta Lady - 0/30lbs
Larissa 0lb/22lbs

Hi all! Thanks @Miss Scarlett Blue for setting this up. Great to see so many familiar faces :)

I have 11 weeks until my final weigh on 28 August from today. I would really like to lose 2lb a week 🤞 which would leave me 22lb lighter! What?! Can't quite believe that!
That also seems ambitious... We'll see. If I manage it, I'll be lighter than ever and 183.2lb (13 stone 1lbish) let's face it, anything is better! Good luck all.

Lisa - 0/10lbs
charlotte_k - 0lbs/33lbs
rsr96- 0/24lbs
Fiesta Lady - 0/30lbs
Larissa 0lb/22lbs
Great to have you join this. Wouldn’t it be an amazing achievement? If I lose the 20lbs I’ve set as a goal that would also get me lighter than I’ve been in over 20 years!
I’m really looking forward to seeing how we all get on :)

164.4 -- I have finally broken 165!!!!! Yay!!!! I get my recipe book!!! I'm going to update the other challenge too (one last time) just so I feel like I accomplished something since this one we are all starting at 0 again. :)

I'm also gonna make my goal 16 lbs instead of 20 since I've been losing so much slower this time around.

Miss Scarlett Blue - 1.2lbs/16lbs
Lisa - 0/10lbs
charlotte_k - 0lbs/33lbs
rsr96- 0/24lbs
Fiesta Lady - 0/30lbs
Larissa 0lb/22lbs

Back