Slimmer of the week.

freckles

Is it based on the weeks loss or something different? There is a lady in our group who does have a lot to lose, in fact she has lost more weight in the last 2 months than I have to lose in total, so i do appreciate she has a long way to go. However, she wins slimmer of the week EVERY week as she has huge losses, 5,6,7lbs every time, and nobody else in the last 2 months has won sotw :(

I have overheard her saying she throws away the certificates and is getting fed up with the fruit, I have in fact stopped taking in fruit, as have many others, for someone who takes it every week and is so ungrateful.

I know I sound really petty, but I thought that winning sotw would be a real good motivator to carry on the good work, and it seems that nobody has a chance to get it and I think it would do others good to win it evey now and then. I know her weight loss will slow down eventually but for now it is really getting on my nerves. What do you guys think? Am I being petty?

She won't always win it hun. There are large ladies in my group who don't have huge losses. One week she may gain, or not stay to group or be on holiday, in which case she won't be eligible to win sotw the next week.
She shouldn't be ungrateful, that's for sure, but that shouldn't stop you taking fruit in as she may not win it one week and then the sotw will really be disappointed!
People in my group have won with a pound loss, it all depends on the previous weeks.
Them's the rules hun!!

I know it's disheartening - especially if she's ungrateful! I agree with Jaylou that you should still take something - I usually try and take something that's not fruit or veg but free (fresh herbs or some sugar free squash) and aren't expensive to keep it lively.

I've won SOW before having only lost a pound or 1.5lb. It does happen and her weight loss will slow down eventually. It would be nice if she shared the fruit out though if she didn't plan on eating it!

I got a lovely acorn squash in the basket the other week and I had never cooked with it before. I made it and it was lovely! So much so that I bought one this week in my shopping.

I have known a SOTW who has won several times to share out stuff in the basket with other members - and sometimes someone will say they are going on holiday, or can't use one of the items for some reason, and offer it to someone else.

Consultants are bound by the SW rules on who is SOTW, but I agree that the recipient should be grateful!!

We have a bloke who wins every week he turns up, grrrrhhh! So I know how you feel! I seem to remember Slimming World (before it folded!) used to give an award on "merit" so if someone had been struggling for weeks but had a loss they got it. But they will inevitably not turn up one week. Bank holiday weeks are good cos hardly anyone stays and a modest loss can often win. BUT! We are all there to lose weight, and we have to take pleasure from meeting our own targets and getting our stickers. Focus on yourself, and who needs another fridge magnet?

Kharma (what goes around comes around she won't win at every week !!) Stay happy hun xxx

I am the bloke who wins it every week and it was to avoid the grrrhhhs that early on I stopped taking the basket (but keep the stickers). Our consultant sometimes goes to the next one down but at othertimes uses it to reward people who have been struggling but have managed a loss or others who have done really well but started off with less to lose.

I am the bloke who wins it every week and it was to avoid the grrrhhhs that early on I stopped taking the basket (but keep the stickers). Our consultant sometimes goes to the next one down but at othertimes uses it to reward people who have been struggling but have managed a loss or others who have done really well but started off with less to lose.
But wow, haven't you done well. Blimey that is an incredible loss. Well done x

I think if the bloke that wins it every week is made to feel like rubbish for winning it every week to the point where he feels it should be given away is not really fair. If he's doing really really super well, more power to him.

Do it for YOU, not some free fruit. Although I really don't condone the bad attitude of the woman who always wins who doesn't even want her fruit. She should share it out if that's the case.

Maybe to stop this bad feeling, SW should have a Superstar of the Week where the members who stay to Image Therapy listen to what people have been doing each week and have a vote on who they think deserves the prize.

I think if the bloke that wins it every week is made to feel like rubbish for winning it every week to the point where he feels it should be given away is not really fair. If he's doing really really super well, more power to him.

Do it for YOU, not some free fruit. Although I really don't condone the bad attitude of the woman who always wins who doesn't even want her fruit. She should share it out if that's the case.

Maybe to stop this bad feeling, SW should have a Superstar of the Week where the members who stay to Image Therapy listen to what people have been doing each week and have a vote on who they think deserves the prize.
I like that idea x

I can totally understand where your coming from, we don't have someone like that in our group, but i'd be a bit :( too.. especially if she is becoming so ungreatful, some people are like that. we had a lady at christmas, who won twice a £20 in the money raffle.. if it had been anyone else that had been called twice, they would have said to take thier name out and draw another name, BUT she took it. £40.. and we all know she's quite well off and doesnt need it. i was just like :O ..

if i get called twice in the raffle or anything else.. im always happy to decline and let another person have a go.. but when it comes to slimmer of the week, i know its based on the person who lost the most the week before and that week (atleast i think thats how it works..)
BUT for 2 months in a row? i know for a fact my consultant would proberly go to the next person instead, after her winning so much. Like you said its a motivational thing, and everyone works just as hard. .

*hugs* Like its been said, she wont always win it, but i can see why your patience is wearing a bit thin. Im sure your consultant is aware of this.

x

I have to admit I'd be feeling pretty miffed too, especially as she seems to be so ungrateful about it. Sometimes people don't realise quite how impolite they're being, it'd be nice if the consultant realised and spoke to the woman about letting the basket go to the next person rather than to her.

Being ungrateful sucks and she shouldn't do that...But winning repeatedly isn't a bad thing. It sounds like she is earning her success.

I've won SOTW quite a bit, because I STICK TO THE PLAN. If anyone wants to lose more than me, they're welcome to join me in doing what they are supposed to do! My class have been very good-natured about it, despite the fact that two of us are always winning. Heh.

Actually, when one person wins a lot, it seems to make beating them even sweeter for the person that eventually does it. Like beating someone good is more of a triumph. And most people even out in the end...Her large losses won't last forever.

A girl at my group gets it most weeks but she is very modest and really appreciates her sotw, sotm, woty etc. I think shes lost 5.5 stone since Jan. I shared sotw on Thurs with another member - it was a fluke cos hardly any1 stayed but never the less i was chuffed. If im honest im not that bothered im more chuffed with the cert on my fridge because the way my weight losses have been going recently i never thought i would get anything. x

i see this 'slimmer of the week' title is quite a big achievement.

hmm so your saying you need to loose 5-7 pounds a week to become slimmer of the week. lol then i would have no chance...if that were the case id have my perfect body in about 1 month...

If this person is getting fed up with the fruit why does she not suggest the next person gets it.

If the sotw does not stay then the fruit is raffled off.

Don't get me wrong, it ISN'T about the fruit, it is the motivational side of things. I just find it really unfair on how it is worked out. I do stick to the plan 100% and I lose 1lb on average, she sticks to it 100% and loses more every week. She does have nearly 15 stone to lose still and I think she is doing great, so please don't think I am being mean to her, I just think it would be great for other members in the class to get a little motivational boost now and again and that just is not happening!

Back