Slimming aids?!

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by victoriap, 21 January 2013 Social URL.

1. victoriap

victoriap Member

Hi All

Just wondered if anyone knows of any good/safe/not too pricey slimming tablets? I've tried Adios but they didnt really work for me.

Thanks! :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. victoriap

victoriap Member

Thanks! Can i ask where you get them from?

4. Starlight

Starlight Well-Known Member

If these things worked we'd all be taking them and not dieting. Dont waste your money on them

5. victoriap

victoriap Member

Oh ok well obviously i am dieting and working out but i thought safe slimming aids were supposed to help you along if taken alongside diet and activity? I'm sure i've seen countless adverts stating that? Just forgot what products they were advertising!!

6. TracyGWill

TracyGWill Well-Known Member

You may be thinking of Alli? That's a lower dosage of the prescription drug Orlistat, which is the only weight loss drug licensed for use by the NHS, and you can buy Alli over the counter. :)

7. victoriap

victoriap Member

Yes!! Thats one of the ones i have seen the advert for and forgotten the name, thank you

:)

8. TracyGWill

No probs. I've lost 8 stone so far on Orlistat, so I'm very familiar with it! :) xx

9. Lucy_B

Lucy_B Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried alli?x

10. TracyGWill

Alli and Orlistat are the same thing, except Alli is a lower dose version that you don't need a prescription for. :) xx

11. Lucy_B

Lucy_B Well-Known Member

Hhhmmm interesting. I can't afford any at the moment but it may be worth looking into a bit more I think. Thank you x

12. TracyGWill

You could ask your GP to prescribe them? Depends how much you need to lose - I had 10 stone, so my GP was happy to give them to me. xx

13. Lucy_B

Lucy_B Well-Known Member

I have been offered them (I have 3 stone to lose) but I said no. I thought 3 stone would be a manageable amount to lose, I would still like to do it without them but alli may be a good option if I find myself hitting a wall x

14. TracyGWill

A bit pricey though, if you can get them for the cost of a prescription, lol. :) xx