slimming tablets

foodfairy

Silver Member
im not a huge fan of slimming tablets, ive tried many and they've not worked but noticed an advert in my local health food shop selling one called chitosan 3 for 2 at £8.99 each.

got home and thought id research it on the net and found out that although its not been scientifically proven, chitosan does indeed help weightloss a little bit aswell as lowering blood pressure and cholesterol.

it apparently works by binding fat taken in and getting rid of it by other means :sign0131: :p

im going to get some tomorrow and give it a trial run to see if it helps speed up my weightloss.

do any of you take slimming tablets on top of doing sw and what do you think of them???

Just a quickie and just for reference really! Chitosan is not suitable for anyone with an seafood allergy as will bring out those symptoms.

Mike

I was just wondering, as SW, WW etc are essentially low fat diets, if a tablet such as this did work, might there be the concern that it would reduce your levels to an unhealthy low?

Remember that fat is important. Anything lower than what SW recommends might not be the best move?

I was just wondering, as SW, WW etc are essentially low fat diets, if a tablet such as this did work, might there be the concern that it would reduce your levels to an unhealthy low?

Remember that fat is important. Anything lower than what SW recommends might not be the best move?

hmm never thought about that karion, i'll ask the herbalist about that when i go have a look :eek:

i thought the same about it sounding similar to xenical yesterday so i'll ask about that too, hopefully they wont be as strong!!

hhmmm ... not sure on any of the above but I've been taking hoodia! You need to be careful thou to buy only the pure stuff and not ones with loads of crap added. But the one I have seems to be working as my appetite is greatly reduced. Managing to live on fruit all day and have a low points dinner in the evening. Whether or not there is really something in the hoodia to decrease your appetite or whether it is merely a pyschological (sp?) reaction I'm not too fussed. I'll be sticking with them!!

I was prescribed Reductil (appetite suppressant) by the doc but only took it for a few days. I'm going to start taking them again as I have nearly 2 month supply. I had these previously and they did help and I had a good loss.

If the tablets you are talking about is the same as Xenical your braver than me as I've heard some embarrassing stories about how they get rid of the fat.

Hi Judy,

The Hoodia I have is gordonni (?) apparently very pure and are in greenish/brownish vegetable capsules (quite large). I was informed to take 2 before each meal for the first 4/5 days then reduce to 1 before each meal. After the first couple of days I reduced to 1 before each meal and that seemed to work just fine.

You may want to check whether there are fillers or other ingredients in your hoodia - 3 x 3 capsules per day seems a lot to me? It may be that you need to take more if they are less 'pure' - if you get what I mean!

Jayney x

I've posted on another thread about taking diet pills at the same time as doing SW as thats what I have been thinking about doing but the dietician who I saw yesterday when I suggested it said she couldnt really say if it was a good or bad idea. She was concerned about the hidden fats in meat and how I would be effected ie I am taking xenacol.
I am getting really confused now!

im not a huge fan of slimming tablets, ive tried many and they've not worked but noticed an advert in my local health food shop selling one called chitosan 3 for 2 at £8.99 each.

got home and thought id research it on the net and found out that although its not been scientifically proven, chitosan does indeed help weightloss a little bit aswell as lowering blood pressure and cholesterol.

it apparently works by binding fat taken in and getting rid of it by other means :sign0131: :p

im going to get some tomorrow and give it a trial run to see if it helps speed up my weightloss.

do any of you take slimming tablets on top of doing sw and what do you think of them???

just wondering if you followed through with the pills.am quite interested in any result you had.please answer??

Back