Slimming the world - my world :)

annad87

So this is the umptienth time I am starting a diet. I have been losing a bit then putting a lot back on. Came to UK in 2007 and thought at 12st I was fat. I never imagined myself getting to 18st in my life :eek: I have recently been diagnosed with PCOS and I am taking metformin for it which I hope will help with being ballooned a lot. Hopefully writing everything down here will help me stay on track as I currently cannot afford to go to the group and I have a long way ahead of me :eek:

Breakfast - 2 small Allinson wholemeal bread slices (HEB) with fat free cottage cheese, chicken breast slices (95% chicken breast) and half a cucumber
Snack - Mueller light Skinny Cappuccino (sooo good!) with a banana and a coffee with milk
Lunch - cooked barley with chicken breast, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots
Snack - baby carrots (slightly addicted to these, the crunch saves me from eating crisps!)
Dinner - grilled salmon, sweet potato chips (I cut them in circles, spray with fry light and bake in the oven - they are delicious!), salad (chinese leaf, sweetcorn, radish, cucumber with fat free natural yogurt and garlic dressing)

The baby carrots sound lovely, I've never thought about that actually. I'll definitely have to try it :)

I buy them from Tesco - they are on 3 for 2 so I pay £2.00 for three bags and they last me from Monday to Friday for healthy snacking at work. I find myself literally missing them at the weekend! :)

Just finished off my first bottle of water for today - 750ml! This is quite an achievement for me as I never remember to drink during the day unless it's a sparkling pop drink or coffee. Time for green tea with mint as feeling a bit heavy after my lunch

Tomorrow's lunch prepared - cous cous with grilled peppers and mushrooms and chicken breast :) good thing I'm full from dinner as I could have easily eaten it tonight. Thinking scrambled eggs for breakfast but will see what time I get up. Really struggling lately with getting up on time and end up running out of the house without eating or drinking anything :/

I did exactly that today!!! :sigh: Ran out the house late as usual and scoffed 2 Alpen Light Bars!
Your lunch sounds lovely, I'm having the same as yesterday chicken salad with that cesar dressing. Hope you have a good day today x

So yesterday wasn't a great day. Very stressed at work and getting up late meant I had a bowl of my husband's cereals (Aldi's Maple & Pecan crunch) and they were oh so lovely but oh so naughty! Then when I got to work I had what I would normally have for breakfast which was rye bread (I bought it not realizing it had to be synned so I won't be buying it again as at 5 syns a slice it's lethal :( ) with ff cottage cheese, chicken breast slices and cucumber. This filled me up so much that I never had a chance to have my cous cous for lunch and only had half a bag of carrots as was going out for dinner. I chose a big bowl of salad with chicken breast and grilled bacon and no dressing but also had a little bowl of chips ( :( ) and half a packet of crisps at bingo and then a big glass of rose prosecco at home. So it's safe to say even without counting that I have had my syns and then some.

Today however is an entirely different story and I have been very good. Only thing I didn't do is drink enough water which I will have to watch tomorrow as I barely drank anything at all today

Breakfast - dark ryvita (HEA) with Babybel light (HEA 1/2) and cucumber, coffee with green milk
Lunch - cous cous with grilled mushrooms and peppers and chicken breast
Snack - bag of baby carrots
Dinner - tagliatelle pasta with ham, petit pois, mushrooms and Babybel light (HEA 1/2)

Haven't thought about tomorrow yet but I might have tomato soup with brown rice for lunch :)

Today haven't started so well as I woke up with really bad allergies so I'm all itchy and struggling to breathe. But I took my pills and my inhaler, calmed myself down and should start getting better soon hopefully so off to work I go.

Breakfast - brown sandwich thin (going to count it as HE) with mozarella (HE) cucumber and banana
Snack - Mueller light and carrots
Lunch - Tomato soup with rice and sweetcorn
Dinner - it's Friday so this would normally mean fresh pizza from asda counter. I always go for Veggie Supreme so it's loaded with fresh free vegetables but I love deep pan dough which would be a lot of syns so I might go for the really thin one instead. Every little helps ;)

So I have been naughty and checked the scales to see if there is any progress... there is plenty and I was clothed as well! This gives me motivation to keep at it and be really good till Monday for my weigh in (I weigh in at home) Oh it would be so great to get into 17st bracket! :)

Yesterday was a pretty good day though I was a bit naughty at dinner ;)

I decided however that Monday mornings are not good for me for weighing in so I moved it forward to Sunday morning and today was my first weight in and... I lost 1,5 kg! So just over 3 pounds! Which makes me really really happy!

Saturday
Breakfast - scrambled eggs with mushrooms
Lunch - wholmeal wraps (HEB) with mozzarella (HEA), chicken, roasted peppers, ff natural yogurt and garlic sauce and lettuce
Snack - pear and banana
Dinner - polish pierogi - the filling was free as it was potatoes, onion and lean bacon but the dough was made of flour and after they've been boiled they were also fried so I just put all of my syns towards it

Sunday
Breakfast - hard boiled eggs, cucumber, radishes, ff curd chesse with ff natural yogurt
Lunch - wraps as above
Dinner - chicken roast (chicken breast, yorkshire pudding, stuffing, roasted potato, a little bit of gravy and loads of veg)

Well, the last three days were a disaster. They weren't as bad as they would be without slimming world but a disaster nonetheless. So I am wiping the slate clean and will try as hard as possible to be good until weigh in on Sunday and hopefully there won't be a gain - I am not counting on a loss to be honest and just hope I won't jump back into 18st

Breakfast - 2 Alpen Light bars (HEB), large nectarine, coffee with semi-skimmed milk (HEA)
Lunch - Tesco Simple salad bowl, roasted chicken breast, Roast chicken Mugshot
Snack - Mueller light cappuccino, large nectarine, coffee with semi-skimmed milk (HEA)
Dinner - baked white fish with spices, petit pois, sweet potato wedges

Drinks - sugar free strawberry & blackberry water 1,5l; green tea with mint

Back