Slimming World 1992

I wouldn't have been able to do slimming world in 1992, that is far too restrictive, and I hate corned beef! I bet a lot of people fell of the wagon, being that strict. And no green days?!! It's much better now.

I know it seems funny that the diets have changed so much over the years but I think that just proves that the creator(s) are constantly working to make sure everything is right. Our lifestyles have changed, the production of foods has changed and new things are being discovered all the time about the way our bodies work and what our bodies need.

TBH I think if a diet HADN'T changed in 10 years I would be more sceptical about how fit for purpose it is today.

That is a really interesting read KD, I would never have been able to stick to it if it was still like that and all I really know is that the system now works and I love it!

very interesting, glad they brought in green days, with me being veggie and sounds like we are able to eat much more variety in free food, which of course makes it easier to stick too.

I have my Weight Progress chart :D

Week 2 -5lbs
3... -3lbs
4... Sts
5... -3lbs
6... -1lb
7... -3lbs
8... -1.5lbs
9... sts
10... -3lbs
11... -1lbs

It seems that I might have lost the plot after that:eek:
12...+4lbs
13...-3lbs
14....-1lbs
15....-1lbs
16...+5lbs
17....-3lbs
18... -2lbs

Then look at the gradual lack of attendance
20....-1lbs
22....sts
etc etc.

I remember having a spectacular plateau one time, but not in 1992 evidently. 12 weeks of sts. Yes...exactly the same! then a 12-13lbs loss in one week.

Twas really odd. Couldn't blame SW scales as others weren't having a problem.

I was 7 in 1992 :D

Ha ha I was 12, can I stay?!

Amazing isn't it. By the time you reached that grand age of 7 and 12, I was probably already on my millionth diet:rolleyes:

glad they brought in green days

I remember going back another year and was introduced to the green day. Remember thinking 'thatll never catch on:':D

I hated baked beans, and the general opinion was that if you didn't like baked beans, then the green day wouldn't be much good for you as there was little else to make the pasta/pots palatable.

Well I'm glad it has changed so much and KD, your losses were really steady. If you were doing it now you would do really well

Well I'm glad it has changed so much and KD, your losses were really steady. If you were doing it now you would do really well

I think I'd find it really easy now.

No plans on doing it again though. No more diets for me (hopefully!).

I should hope not! 8 stone is a fantastic loss, I can't wait til I can say the same!

my old sw book had the same start weight as this time and i stopped at 10.3 im 4lbs below that now and still got 13lbs left to target :D

Makes me feel old :)

I used to make a corned beef pie thingy with onions, corned beef and an egg.

Loved that stuff, and it was free :clap:

Oh the famous "Corned Beef Quiche" - my Mum literally lived on it when she first did SW - would've been about 1990ish! There was complete uproar when they stopped corned beef being a free food!!!! I used to make a Corned Beef stew too - with tomatoes, and baked beans with a spoon of branston stirred into it!!! Yum!

Carol x

Lot of differences since I last joined 10 yrs ago

Lots of things now have syns.

Macaroni cheese, Stagg chilli, tinned spag bog to name a few. I live in Spain and have difficulty in getting a lot of the stuff.:cry:

Lots of things now have syns.

Macaroni cheese, Stagg chilli, tinned spag bog to name a few. I live in Spain and have difficulty in getting a lot of the stuff.:cry:

...at least you have better fruit and veg!

great thread, very interesting x

Back