Slimming world 2018

Hi Ashby, I was truly inspired by your message. It was very honest and I can really relate to it!

It was similar to my childhood but mine was my granddad and he was Italian and you were not allowed to leave the table until you had completely finished your plate. As a result of that now I always clear my plate and also have a problem with portion control.

I have joined slimming world sooo many times that I have lost count! I have got to realise that just my joining is not enough, I have to actually do the diet as well! I have always been bigger and again would not be able to get to a size 8, but then I also don't think I would want to.

I have increasing problems with my health that I know are related to my weight. I also have a gluten allergy which restricts foods for me so I find it particularly difficult. I have not yet started but I am planning on returning on Friday to my SW group, I have got to do something!!!

This is the first time I have written on one of these sights and hoping that it might help me. I am currently at my biggest which is about 18stone. I am also starting to think about the summer and that I will not want to wear minimal clothes, I've also got a holiday coming up as well (I've not been on a plane for 5 years) that I am worried about my size already and thinking about things like getting into a plane seat and will I need an extra seatbelt etc.

Just writing this all done is helping I think, I don't feel like I can talk to my husband about these things.

Thanks for reading and good luck with your journey..... maybe we can support each other x

Welcome to Minis @Selena 1701 x You’ll find LOTS of support on here. Well done on taking the plunge and deciding to take control again. Don’t be afraid to ask for support, or to post on other members diaries. We’re a friendly lot here (well MOST of us are!😂) and it’s more than likely there’ll be someone who can help 😊 xx

Welcome to Minis @Selena 1701 x You’ll find LOTS of support on here. Well done on taking the plunge and deciding to take control again. Don’t be afraid to ask for support, or to post on other members diaries. We’re a friendly lot here (well MOST of us are!😂) and it’s more than likely there’ll be someone who can help 😊 xx

Thank you Skinnydawn, I am hoping it will help but then the only person who puts food in my mouth is me :)
So I need to have a good chat with myself. The key for me is being organised, which I'm not very good at x

You’re welcome Selena.
Definitely get yourself a diary on here and keep a note of your Food. I think it really helps as it makes you accountable to someone if have something you shouldn’t! And of course if you’re not sure of something, there’s usually somebody to put you right. And join lots of threads too!
@Ashby86 it looks like you’ve got yourself a SW buddy! Xx

Sorry for the late reply. I have been very poorly. Of course the doctors have said it's down to my weight. Typical. Not that they help mind, they just say eat less. Yes very helpful. Thanks.
Today however I have managed to do a bit of exercise not much as I'm in alot of pain. However it's progress today I'm doing an sp day. I had weetabix for breakfast using 1 of my hex and my hea with an apple and some raspberries. For lunch I have knocked up a tomato and veg soup which I also have for dinner it's packed with peppers, onion, Carrots Swede, red lentils and tomatoes I have also put some chicken in it for extra protein. Any way. Welcome. Good luck maybe together we can do it.

Attachments

• DSC_1015.JPG
    DSC_1015.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 7
Sorry for the late reply. I have been very poorly. Of course the doctors have said it's down to my weight. Typical. Not that they help mind, they just say eat less. Yes very helpful. Thanks.
Today however I have managed to do a bit of exercise not much as I'm in alot of pain. However it's progress today I'm doing an sp day. I had weetabix for breakfast using 1 of my hex and my hea with an apple and some raspberries. For lunch I have knocked up a tomato and veg soup which I also have for dinner it's packed with peppers, onion, Carrots Swede, red lentils and tomatoes I have also put some chicken in it for extra protein. Any way. Welcome. Good luck maybe together we can do it.
Oh and celery

Sorry to hear you've been ill - hope you're feeling better? Your food sounds tasty - hope that fills you up too but you know you can eat more speed and protein if you need it - plus your 2nd HEB - hope that doesn't sound bossy?

I've had years of messing about on SW - overeating then not eating enough and then bingeing cos I'm bored or hungry - I'm getting better at following the plan properly but still have a way to go to eat sensibly & healthily.

Back