Slimming World Advice!

Skittlelover

Hi guys!

I'm a yoyo weight watcher, off the wagon like 7000times. It's not working anymore. Really interested now in Slimming World.

Big problem. There is none anywhere near me and I have no idea how it works to do it at home! Has anyone any ideas or help?! Is there a book I can buy with the syns (or however it's spelt!!)

And these red/green days?! Any help would be really appreciated xx

google the basics of the slimming world plan that might bring up some thing

I wonder if I tried to do extra easy (is that right) and allowed myself 10syns per day?? From scouring this I figure a 20calories per syn rule might work?? So a 1/3 of a Chinese curry sauce would be 3syns as it is 60calories?! Plus the chicken veg and rice would be free?? Is this right???

Hiya it EE is very similar to WW Simply Feeling plan. There are some differences like on WW you can have crumpets freely but on SW you would have to syn them.

There is a 20cal to 1 syn rule (like WW) but that is only for non free foods like biscuit or chocolate.

Have you tried following the simply feeling plan?

Last edited:
As u say 20 calories 1 sync value ? Is it for every thing then ? If a coffe is 60 calories then it's 3 sync ?

Is it not 20 cal = 1 syn if there's no free food allowance?? Also I'm not so sure it's a rule more like a loose guide, it's always better to check syns online rather than accidentally oversynning?

Hiya it EE is very similar to WW Simply Feeling plan. There are some differences like on WW you can have crumpets freely but on SW you would have to syn them.

There is a 20cal to 1 syn rule (like WW) but that is only for non free foods like biscuit or chocolate.

Actually I haven't! I find pointing so hard! I must actually try that!!

Im an ex Ww, i moved over to SW when i fell pregnant and wanted to carry on with my weightloss journey. Maybe try simply filling and you will get a feel of healthy eating minus counting. Then if you like it, you can look at SW online.

Only a suggestion but if you want to move over to SW then I'd join online and Google the rest.

Im an ex Ww, i moved over to SW when i fell pregnant and wanted to carry on with my weightloss journey. Maybe try simply filling and you will get a feel of healthy eating minus counting. Then if you like it, you can look at SW online.

Only a suggestion but if you want to move over to SW then I'd join online and Google the rest.

Great. I think I will do simply filling but continue to weigh out my pasta portions etc and maybe bulk up the protein if I'm not pointing??

Great. I think I will do simply filling but continue to weigh out my pasta portions etc and maybe bulk up the protein if I'm not pointing??

That sounds like a good plan. Make fruit and veg your first choice as snacks and try to fill your plate with 1/3rd veg or fruit in your meals. See how you go

Good luck

I'm doing it from home and brought the starter pack online from ebay (the same on you are given at group), don't get me wrong it was double the price but at least now I have the basics covered and this site is fab :)

WOAH WOAH WOAH

There's a diet on which you can eat crumpets freely?

Why don't I know about this?

WOAH WOAH WOAH

There's a diet on which you can eat crumpets freely?

Why don't I know about this?

Haha yes but there is a downside.... if I remember correctly there is no free muller lights, no free mug shots and mince beef extra lean isn't free.

Sadly there is always a hurdle lol

I thought mince was free ? So was fat free muller light ?

On Slimming World extra lean mince is free and so are most mullerlights althought greek style and the one's with a fruit underlayer are not.

The others are talking about Weight Watchers simply filling.

Back