slimming world after reefeed

Princess Reena

Hi guys only 2 weeks in but planning ahead already! Just wondering has any one joined slimming world after refeed and maintenance? If so did it make you put on weight with green days and all those unlimited carbs or did this diet help keep the weight off!

Hope everyones doing well and keeps up the good work xxx

If it's anything like Cambridge (which I should imagine it would be), once you've done the refeed, you should be back to 'normal' (though watch carefully!).

So, if Slimming World worked for you before, there is no reason why it shouldn't work again :clap:

Having said that, I have nothing against SW, but for the rest of your life:eek: I think that would be tough.

With diets such as those that give you free foods, there is always a high penalty to pay for others, even other healthy foods. Would you want that in maintenance?

Another thing is not being able to see the syn value so easily on items you want to buy. You would need to keep your 'book' by your side forever more.

I would highly recommend using some form of regular calorie counting myself. Virtually everything has the calorie value on it so it's easy to make quick decisions. You also get to practice portion control, can eat a variety of foods and experience 'normality' ;)

Doesn't mean you will be calorie counting forever. Once you get the hang of it, you can see at a glance whether something highly calorific will need a lower calorie rest of your day (if you know what I mean), but you will be able to get a good balanced way of eating that will see you through forever more :clap:

KD is absolutely right - no point wasting money on SW and the like. Just count your cals, its that simple!

My Fitness Pal is a site that lots of people on maintenance here seem to like. It helps you count your calories and record calories earned through exercise. I think, over time, it also helps you get a handle on portion sizes. Good luck.

Back