Slimming World and me...

Well done for your loss, 1.6lb is great! :)

No plans for the weekend, I'm purposefully trying to avoid nights out / alcohol for at least this week. I really want a good loss as joined group on wednesday so would be so embarrassed to get a gain or sts on my first WI! I think its the thames festival in London this weekend? So if the weather brightens up I might have a look at what's going on & take a wander to the river.

You got any plans for Sunday?

X

Hi :) I hope you've had a nice weekend. Well done on joining a group, let me know how you get on with it. I'd like to join a group again, but I don't liked being weighed by other people, I like to keep it private :) I hope you have a great week x x

I was just thinking about my weekends off plan, and I really want to do something about it. I think I use the excuse of being with my boyfriend to just binge on whatever I like. I'm going to see a much better loss every week if I can get this under control. I'm thinking that if I stick to plan all week and over the weekend with one treat (of my choice) on a Saturday night (eg. a pizza, or a bag of popcorn or a nice dessert) then that would work much better, and I'll still have a nice treat to look forward to. I'm going to try and give it a go this week. Also trying to stick to ten syns a day.

Tuesday (green)

Breakfast - Fruit & fibre (HeB), almond milk (HeA), strawberries

Lunch - 2 Quorn burgers (0.5 syns each), wholemeal roll (HeB), cucumber, carrot, apple, homemade houmous

Snacks - Banana, 2 bowls of fruit & fibre & almond milk (not sure of syns yet)

Dinner -

Syns - 1

Other - Water, 1 diet coke

Exercise - Gym (1 hour including 30 mins on the treadmill in ten minute bursts, and arm toning on weight machines) Body Attack (1 hour)

Last edited:
Ended up having two bowls of cereal before work too. I started at 5pm today, which is a pain as I miss dinner (I think that's why I ended up gobbling the cereal). It will take me over my syns, which I'm annoyed about. Calorie wise though, my days probably ok, so I'll try not to worry too much.

Does anyone know the syns for fruit & fibre if not having it as a healthy extra ?? Thanks :)

Last edited:
Really screwed up today :( Had my dinner when I got in (veggie stir fry), then shared some crisps and dip with my boyfriend and then had a Calipo. Feeling like a fatty now. Really let myself down :(

Wednesday (green)

Breakfast - Fruit & fibre (HeB), almond milk (HeA)

Lunch - Carrots, homemade houmous, wholemeal roll (HeB), 2 veggie sausages (red onion & rosemary), apple

Snacks - Banana, 2 bowls of fruit & fibre and almond milk (blown my syns again :( ), orange

Dinner - Stir fry veg, noodles, soy sauce, fry light, Muller light dessert (5 syns)

Syns - 5 (and whatever the cereal would be :( )

Other - Water

Exercise - Yoga (1 hour)

Last edited:
Hi hun, in the same boat atm :( hope your ok xx

Sent from my GT-I9100P using MiniMins.com mobile app

Sorry to hear you're not having a great time either. What's happening with you ? I keep messing up at the weekend, but haven't done very well this week either. I've been feeling really hungry this week, and keep eating extra bowls of cereal and snacks :( It's my time of the month (or * week as I've seen some people call it on here). I'm wondering if that might have something to do with it. I've also been feeling quite tired this week. I hope I can turn it around, I don't like this feeling x x

It could be hun. I get really tired when its time of the month and crave really bad stuff!

Me.... well I stick to it for a week or two, see no weight loss and give up. Have a blow out, lose my faith in the plan then feel rubbish about it any try and start again. But then the same happens. Feel like I'll never get there and will keep getting bigger.

I'm quite active like you too (gym every morning before work) and have people around me (oh, gym ppl, friends) saying that sw wont work and I need to cut carbs and fruit and eat more protein so that too confuses me :(

Hope we can both get sorted soon xx

It could be hun. I get really tired when its time of the month and crave really bad stuff!

Me.... well I stick to it for a week or two, see no weight loss and give up. Have a blow out, lose my faith in the plan then feel rubbish about it any try and start again. But then the same happens. Feel like I'll never get there and will keep getting bigger.

I'm quite active like you too (gym every morning before work) and have people around me (oh, gym ppl, friends) saying that sw wont work and I need to cut carbs and fruit and eat more protein so that too confuses me :(

Hope we can both get sorted soon xx

That sounds similar to me. I'm not very patient with my weight loss, I want it now ! lol Ive been the same as you in the past, I don't get results so I give up. I've tried lots of different ways to lose weight, but have never really stuck to anything. I'm persevering with SW as I like the routine and control I can have with it (before SW I was all over the place and binging a lot more). My weight loss is slow though, as I still struggle with binges sometimes.
Other people will always have an opinion about what you should eat, so I shouldn't worry about them to much. Try to block them out, I do :)
Remember you've got lots of support on here, I find it really helpful. We can do it... it might just take us a little bit longer :) x x x

Hi :) I hope you've had a nice weekend. Well done on joining a group, let me know how you get on with it. I'd like to join a group again, but I don't liked being weighed by other people, I like to keep it private :) I hope you have a great week x x

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of other people weighing me & dread getting on the scales at Group! But it def helps me to stay in control. Today there were still lots of naughties at work & think the only way I resisted was as I knew I was being weighed this eve! I am now feeling more motivated, as I'll be mortified if I have 2 bad weeks in a row immediately after joining!!!!

Sorry to hear you're also struggling. Although cereal is waaaay better than what I've been eating lately. Sounds like you've got a good plan though, so hopefully that'll help.

X

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of other people weighing me & dread getting on the scales at Group! But it def helps me to stay in control. Today there were still lots of naughties at work & think the only way I resisted was as I knew I was being weighed this eve! I am now feeling more motivated, as I'll be mortified if I have 2 bad weeks in a row immediately after joining!!!!

Sorry to hear you're also struggling. Although cereal is waaaay better than what I've been eating lately. Sounds like you've got a good plan though, so hopefully that'll help.

X

Well done on resisting the naughty treats ! :) That's good that joining a class is helping you, and giving you more motivation. Good luck ! x x x

Thursday (green)

Breakfast - 2 Oatibix (HeB), Activia 0% yogurt, 1 banana

Lunch - Cous cous, peas, red pepper, 2 veggie sausages (red onion & rosemary), 1 tbsp of houmous (2 syns)

Snacks - 2 sweetclems, 1 bourbon (3.5 syns)

Dinner - 2 Quorn burgers (0.5 syns each), 3 Babybel light (HeA), salad cream (1 syn), wholemeal roll (HeB), iceberg lettuce

Dessert - Raspberries, fat free yogurt, mini meringues (5 syns)

Syns - 12.5

Other - Water

Exercise -

Last edited:
Friday (green)

Breakfast - 2 Oatibix (HeB), almond milk (HeA), Activia 0% yogurt

Lunch - Wholemeal roll (HeB), 2 veggie sausages, salad cream (1 syn), carrot

Snacks - Toblerone (26.5 syns!!!) Major chocolate craving today

Dinner -

Syns - 27.5

Other - Water

Exercise -