Slimming world and pregnancy

Violetwind

Determined
Hey everyone

I was just wondering . . . I'm not pregnant at the minute but we are thinking about having our third BUT I really want to get to 10 stone also. And as you can see from my tracker, that is a way to go yet. I was wondering tho is it possible if I fell pregnant that I could lose weight at the same time? I mean with SW you still eat properly and the baby only needs an additional 500 cals?

What do you think?

hiya darl, i wouldn't reccomend trying to loose weight when you're pregnant. ask you're consultant and dr though and they should be able to help you out. :eek:

you can continue to stay on slimming world and can loose upto 2 stone whilst being pregnant!

need to get my head back into it, dont want to put on anymore weight! was 17st 10lb after my 1st!

back up at 17st so cant afford to add onto it!

I'm losing weight whilst pregnant but they say you tend to maintain or gain in the last 3 months.

its only an extra 200cals a day baby needs in the last trimester hun not an extra 500! thats way way too much and you certainly dont need to change your eating habits until the last trimester! - this is advised by your Dr, Midwife and its in the pregnancy book i was given by the midwife 4 weeks ago so i'm not sure who told you that you need an extra 500cals but you would deffo put weight on doing that!

xxx

No I didn't lol oops! It came up at the bottom when I was replying to the main pregnancy and slimming world thread!

Back