Slimming world app

evieshrinking

Has anyone got the slimming world app on their phone?
How does it work and is it any good?
Was thinking about getting a new phone and looking for some advice.:553

Yeah I've got this app on my iPhone. It's quite good, I use the 'syns on the go' bit quite a lot when I'm wandering round supermarkets etc.
It's also got real slimming stories, bmi calculator and I think you can keep a food diary on it (not sure as I don't use this bit).

linzipinzi said:
Yeah I've got this app on my iPhone. It's quite good, I use the 'syns on the go' bit quite a lot when I'm wandering round supermarkets etc.
It's also got real slimming stories, bmi calculator and I think you can keep a food diary on it (not sure as I don't use this bit).

The diary bit is just really to keep track of your suns as you go. I post my diary on minimins app and update as I go xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

The app isn't bad but it would be nice to have a proper diary that links to your online food diary! Would also be food if they added a syns calculator on there too!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

There's a Minimins app?!

The app is absolute rubbish!! Compared to every other app on the market it is truly pants!! There are free apps better than it! It is really only a syn tracker and it's rubbish at that even, say for example I wanted to add half a teaspoon of oil, you can't, as on the list it says 1 teaspoon, there is nowhere you can change the amount you want to use, or if you had 4 ryvitas, you have to add everyone seperately!! It is so dire!! You can't work out recipes etc. they should look at something like the WW app or the best one My Fitness Pal, do much better. Surely in this day and age they could come out with something better. The MFP one even has a scanner so when you want to eat something or are in the supermarket you can scan it and it tells u all the information you need and adds it to your diary if u need to. Imagine if we could scan items and know there syns straight away and then add to diary,, dream on!!

I have it installed on my iphone and it's ok, but not great. I certainly wouldn't buy a phone just to be able to download it. While it's ok for looking up syns on the go, it's not as advanced as the online syns list or calculator. But I guess it is a free app.

anyone got this on an android phone was ale to download the app but syns online doesn't work for me

I have it downloaded on my iPhone but can't access the syns - I think you have to be a SW member to be able to so & I'm not :-(

anyone got this on an android phone was ale to download the app but syns online doesn't work for me

I have it on an android phone (htc) it works fine for me. I really like the app, its useful when you just want to check something quickly. Like someone else said it would be useful if they would link it to the diary online though, do i dont end up with two running diaries

I think the app is quite good, i also have it on android and it works fine. Tend to use it more when im out and about, and the actual proper website when i have a bit of time

purple123 said:

Im android and it doesn't work for me, just crashes when i type something in!

Same here, mine was crashing when I couldn't remember which yogs were and weren't syn free. I lost my temper with it, sent a "report" along with the words "not b****y working. again." and deleted it from my apps - I don't have much space left on my phone, particularly for apps that crash when used. I was gutted, it was part of the thing that drew me to SW in the first place.

thats what happens to me aell when i go on syns online, just crashes don't know who to contact at sw to get it fixed

I just deleted the app and re loaded it again and it works fine for me now.

Back