slimming world but only a stone to loose?

annabellz

I have recently purchased the slimming world books and am given it a try.I have a stone to shift before my holiday (jan) is it right for me as I dont have much to loose (not that I'm boasting lol).
sorry if i have posted in the wrong place im new to this :D

I think most 'diets' are slightly harder when you've got little to lose, but SW is as good as any! Give it 100% and you'll get there :D

Hello and welcome. Doesn't matter how little/much you want to lose, you've come to the right place :)
Plenty of people here go it alone without going to class, but I would advise that you totally absorb all the information in the books and follow it to the letter. Without the guidance of a class to help you through the early weeks, it can be a bit confusing, but the answer to almost any question you can think of is here!

Am sure you'll get that stone shifted by Jan! It can be harder with less to lose - it will go more slowly and you may not get losses every week. I'd definitely recommend exercise to help tone you up as you go along and lose inches.

Welcome to minimins!
SW is fine for anyone wanting to lose weight, no matter how much, or how little.

If you were to join a SW class, you would have to have at least 7 pounds to lose or they won't accept you. Obviously, that has to be within the healthy weight range, and they will not allow anyone to join if the weight loss will bring them below that weight.
We had one lady join our class wanting to only lose 10 pounds and she lost 4.5 in the first week.
So, go for it, and good luck!

Back