Slimming World: Can I lose 2 1/2 stone by February?

Bride-to-be

I have done slimming world before but I am having trouble really being strict with myself. I went to the classes before but I am not able to this time due to other commitments. I am finding it hard not to have a glass of wine at the end of the day. How many syns is a glass ( a large glass!) Any advice is appreciated. i just don't want to be overweight when I get married to my childhood sweetheart! I'm prob a size 14. None of my clothes fit me! I have a running machine and have cycled and gone swimming but after a back operation, the activities sometimes aggravates my back.

Hello! I started SW in May and, like you, I was a size 14 (although even my size 14 clothes were getting a bit tight). Also, like you, I don't have time to stay for the meetings so I just get weighed in then go so I don't get the same peer support that other members do. My starting weight was a few ounces below 12 stone and my current weight is 10 stone and I'm now a size 10 :). I still have another stone to lose but I'm well on my way. It hasn't always been easy but you do get used to it after the first couple of weeks, honestly.

I'd say that 2 1/2 stone by Feb is doable but you have to be committed and honest with yourself. I kept a food diary for the first month as people had told me how easy it is to kid yourself - I didn't want to have to put 3 biscuits in my diary so I didn't eat them.

I finally tried on my wedding dress on Friday (the wedding isn't until 2012 but I'm so excited) and the thought of it will get me through the next stone. There isn't a chocolate cake or wine in the world that can compete with how good you'll feel in your dress.

Also, I've barely exercised. I'd love to but after a days work and keeping on top of a house and a messy fiance....

Key tips:

Always have a stash of yoghurts in the fridge - muller lights, light activia and weight watchers yoghurts are all free and there's usually at least one on offer in Asda.

Diet soft drinks cure the sugar cravings but, if you're going to have 3 cans a day like me then use a straw to limit the damage to your teeth.

Batchelors pasta n sauce are great with everything or as a free snack.

Find out about the low syn treats. Minimilks and jelly tots as an after dinner snack (1.5 and 3 syns respectively).

Give yourself something to look forward to each week. Every Friday night I either have a glass of wine or chocolate bar (or a small glass of wine and a small chocolate bar like a Freddo) and on a Saturday my fiance and I go out for cake. I dream about it all week. You could do the same with your wine or any other vices you have.

I can't stress how glad I am that I started the plan and that I've stuck with it and I really hope you do as well xxx

Back