slimming world chicken madras recipe

Have you taken a look at the SW little book of curry? I bought one a few weeks ago. I don't remember seeing Chicken Madras but maybe you could adjust one of the others!

Many of them are free on Original or Extra Easy. There are other veggie ones that can be used if you are on the Green Plan.

Hope this helps.

Bossman

I make a madras, its not as good as the shop bought one but still has plenty of kick!
I cook chicken onions and peppers and sometimes some mushrooms in fry light. Then add chopped toms, puree, garlic, cumin, coriander and then the Madras powder you can buy. Leave it to simmer and just add the podwer depending on your heat preferences. I'm sure there is a better way but Im on a budget. I know you can do the same and get a better flavour with a MAdras Paste but I think thats around 5 syns :)

I make a madras, its not as good as the shop bought one but still has plenty of kick!
I cook chicken onions and peppers and sometimes some mushrooms in fry light. Then add chopped toms, puree, garlic, cumin, coriander and then the Madras powder you can buy. Leave it to simmer and just add the podwer depending on your heat preferences. I'm sure there is a better way but Im on a budget. I know you can do the same and get a better flavour with a MAdras Paste but I think thats around 5 syns :)

Have you tried adding Cardamom seeds as well? I always have them in my Currys as they give an authentic Indian aroma and taste.

Bossman

Have you tried adding Cardamom seeds as well? I always have them in my Currys as they give an authentic Indian aroma and taste.

Bossman
Think I'll have to add them to the spice rack, Ive seen them on recipes for Tikka and Korma as well so might be worth it, thank you :)

You are welcome. Remember to crush the pod before adding as its the little black seeds that give the taste. I tend to remove the seeds from the pod first.

Bossman

have you tried the curry world book, yu could just substitute madras curry powder for another powder

Back