Slimming World Chips Tips

skinnyminnycow

Half a pound at a time.
Can anybody share any tips on how to make good SW chips! Followed the recipe and although they were OK they could have been better!

Cut wedges and boil for 8 - 10 mins. Add to baking tray and spray on one kal a pinch of salt and mixed spices and cook till golden. Dunno if you did it like this, but me and my husband enjoy them this way.

To save boiling I just bung my cut chips in the microwave for 5 mins. That's for about 3 potatoes worth, so if you're doing more then increase the time :).

Then I spray literally with frylight, season, and bake for around 25 mins, turning once at about 15 mins.

Cut wedges and boil for 8 - 10 mins. Add to baking tray and spray on one kal a pinch of salt and mixed spices and cook till golden. Dunno if you did it like this, but me and my husband enjoy them this way.

I pretty much did this - but I don't think i cut them big enough. I cut them into normal "chip size" I will try thicker next time.

To save boiling I just bung my cut chips in the microwave for 5 mins. That's for about 3 potatoes worth, so if you're doing more then increase the time :).

Then I spray literally with frylight, season, and bake for around 25 mins, turning once at about 15 mins.

Microwave sounds like a good idea. I felt like I used loads of cooking utensils just for chips, fish and mushy peas :)
Thanks Guys!

i just cut mine into thin chips, toss them in a bowl with salt, pepper and some spice and spray with fry light and toss again then onto a tray and into the oven for 20-25 mins. sometimes if i need to use some syns ill use 1tsp of olive oil.

I also microwave mine. cut into chips or wedges, put in a bowl and microwave for 5-7 mins. Keeping them in the bowl I then spray with frylight, stick a lid on and shake them up, spray again and shake, then add seasoning. I usually use celery salt, pepper, cumin and paprika and sometimes some cayenne pepper for a kick. Sprinkle these into the bowl, cover and shake again then tip onto a chip baking tray (got holes in) arrange so they don't touch each other and bung in hot oven for 10-15 mins (already cooked from the microwave so this is just to crisp them up) give them a shake about then bake for another 5mins.

Back