Slimming World Chips

I agree that the actifry is the way to go - I dice the potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes and pop it a couple of whole garlic cloves and some rosemary too. Mmmmmmm!

My faves!!!!

I boil mine for about 8 min, then drain, fluff about a bit in the colander to roughen the edges up, spray with Fry Light and roast for about 40min at 160C (fan) turning once or twice.

This is def the BEST way to make the SW chips...takes a while to see what works best BUT they are lifesavers:D

lilsonn said:
I agree that the actifry is the way to go - I dice the potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes and pop it a couple of whole garlic cloves and some rosemary too. Mmmmmmm!

I do exactly the same but never tried the garlic and rosemary, definitely will now, thanks

I part boil the potatoes for about 5 mins, drain & dry, sprinkle with seasoning then cook until brown at 180c for about 30 mins.

EggChipsMushyPeasSmall.jpg

FishChipsBeansSmall.jpg

OvenCookedChipsSmall.jpg

SWChipsLarge.jpg

The microwave is definitely the trick for me. I used to part boil them on the hob but they never turned out right - always not soft enough and really bland even when I put seasoning on them.

Now, I stab a couple of Baking Potatoes, put them in the micro for 8 mins, leave them to cool slightly and then cut them into wedges. Spray with frylight and sprinkle salt, pepper and paprika. Put them in the oven at about 200 for 30 minutes, turning them half way.

Perfect EVERY time.

The microwave is definitely the trick for me. I used to part boil them on the hob but they never turned out right - always not soft enough and really bland even when I put seasoning on them.

Now, I stab a couple of Baking Potatoes, put them in the micro for 8 mins, leave them to cool slightly and then cut them into wedges. Spray with frylight and sprinkle salt, pepper and paprika. Put them in the oven at about 200 for 30 minutes, turning them half way.

Perfect EVERY time.

I just had a go at this and I'm really chuffed with how they came out. The only thing I'd change is the amount of salt I put on, but that was my own silliness lol :D

EmmyR1984 said:
I just had a go at this and I'm really chuffed with how they came out. The only thing I'd change is the amount of salt I put on, but that was my own silliness lol :D

So glad you liked them :) think its always a bit of trial and error with seasoning at first :)

Back