slimming world combined with the 5:2 plan

500 calories on your "fast" days

I'm doing it on 2 days when I'm at work so hoping that will be easier - and I'll have my 500 in the evening

Sorry everyone, but this 5:2 diet is a fad and I wouldn't even go there. The whole point of SW is sensible healthy eating for life and by not eating for 2 days or even 3 days a week is not something most of us could handle.

Doing the fasting today and planning my day of 500 calories i plan to have 1 Weetabix with 100ml semi skimmed milk....then later on ill have strawberries and a muller light yogurt....then later on after that ill have 2 eggs boiled on one wholemeal toast with Marmite and a cup of tea later on tonight
...with plenty of water in between.

.here goes nothing lol

Doing the fasting today and planning my day of 500 calories i plan to have 1 Weetabix with 100ml semi skimmed milk....then later on ill have strawberries and a muller light yogurt....then later on after that ill have 2 eggs boiled on one wholemeal toast with Marmite and a cup of tea later on tonight
...with plenty of water in between.

.here goes nothing lol

Wow that's nothing to eat good luck

from fat to skinny jeans only 50lbs to go

Did you find that day after ur fast you are bigger portions cos u were so hungry.

That would be my worry if I ever did this. Don't think I'll be jumping on this diet I a hurry.

No I was really careful not to do that because that's what I assumed I'd naturally do! I don't know if it was just my body that didn't respond we'll to it but it just didn't work for me. I actually didn't feel that hungry on the fast days, it was the day after when I felt starving and was very conscious of my portion sizes. That tells me that perhaps it isn't compatible with slimming world. It doesn't match the eating until you're satisfied to stop you binging philosophy.
Liz
X

Sorry everyone, but this 5:2 diet is a fad and I wouldn't even go there. The whole point of SW is sensible healthy eating for life and by not eating for 2 days or even 3 days a week is not something most of us could handle.

I have to endorse what stivesliz says. 500 calories a day isnt healthy and you cant possibly have all your nutrients in that. Sensible eating for life is the way forward. :)

And to do S W successfully you have to be on plan 7 days of the week, not 5. You cant mix eating plans. Thats my understanding anyway. :(

Actually ur right....im not gonna bother...ill only end up feeling deprived and end up bingeing! I'm just gonna follow slimming world 100% :) xx

Yes, good decision. One of our members tried one of these faddy diets, lost a lot in the week granted, but felt so ill all week. Also with these type of diets (S W not a diet, but healthy eating) as soon as you come off them as you will because you cant live like that, you put all the weight back on, with interest. So glad you decided not to do this. S W works, may be a bit slower than you would like, I was never a high loser, but I got there and maintaining target for 18 months proves its sustainable. And I dont feel deprived one bit:)

Actually ur right....im not gonna bother...ill only end up feeling deprived and end up bingeing! I'm just gonna follow slimming world 100% :) xx

Put your all into it and your results will be better than a more extreme version that you mess about with and can't sustain.

If you do some good exercise you can eat sw and boost losses to good amounts x

Back