Slimming World Consultant - Opinions Please

SpaceAngel

I ate my willpower!
Hi All

I am considering becoming an SW consultant. However, I don't think I would have much confidence in the plan if my consulant had 8 stone to lose (as I do).

Do you think that you would be put off the plan if your consultant had a lot of weight still to lose herself? I had thought that if I am successful, then I would tell the group that we are loosing it together, kind of thing.

What do you all think? And don't be scared to be honest! :D

I have heard that WW only allow you to become a consultant if you are at target and I don't think that's right. I think I would feel a lot more comfortable going into a group where the consultant was obviously still on the same journey as me. As you say, you can do it together. If they give you the job then they are saying that you are ok to be a front woman for SW and if they are happy with you having more weight to lose then its all good!

I have heard that WW only allow you to become a consultant if you are at target and I don't think that's right. I think I would feel a lot more comfortable going into a group where the consultant was obviously still on the same journey as me. As you say, you can do it together. If they give you the job then they are saying that you are ok to be a front woman for SW and if they are happy with you having more weight to lose then its all good!

My consultant said that your weight isn't an issue. They will hire you for you and not what weight you are which I think is great. My SW leader isn't really slim and she still follows SW and gets weighed each week like us.

Hi! I'm thinking of it too and emailed Penny the other day. When i got my club ten voucher through the post yesterday it came with an enquiry form about being a consultant and said 'if you are within 2 stone of the upper healthy bmi range you can apply' so I guess 2 stone above whatever your weight would be at 24.9 bmi. I'm not at that point yet as I'd need to lose over a stone to get to within 2 stone of 24.9. I don't know where you would stand with that?

What I would say personally about it all is that I would expect my consultant to have been a lot larger but to be able to show considerable weight loss - not target necessarily but to look not seriously overweight and to look and appear to be healthy even if carrying a bit of extra weight. I would say my con herself looks about a size 16. I don't think any bigger than that would really be very motivational but having said that, if she had been a size 32 then her being a size 20 would be motivational.... if you know what I mean. So I guess a considerable weight loss is more important than actually being slim.

For me if I do go ahead with it I wouldn't want to do it before reaching target as I personally wouldn't feel confident with it and don't intend to tell my friends and family about slimming world until I've achieved it so I couldn't work for them without it being obvious hehe

Emerald
X

one of the girls i know who is a consultant still has 3 st to go, but she has lost 6st in just over 12mths..........if u want to do it apply.....you have 2 chances, they will say yes or no..........simple
i would give it a go........

GO FOR IT!

My consultant gets weighed every week and I like it because it feels like everyone is in the same boat. :) She comes up with really good recipe ideas.

I think the main thing with consultants is being friendly and supportive. Weight doesn't affect either of those things. So long as you are passionate about the job and really want everyone to succeed you will be fine.

Good luuck!

Thanks for your opinions. I am not within 2 stone of being a heathly BMI so I may need to wait a bit longer. But I think I will def go for it!

I say go for it :) id prefer a consultant who is going through the same as me at the same time.. and thats from someone who doesnt go to class but id probably be more likely to if i could see the consultant shrinking each week also

Back