Slimming World Curries

Leapfrog

Champion actifryer
Currynight1.jpg

Thought I'd share a photo of tonight's dinner.

L to R:
  1. Onion bajhis (from the recipe on this site using instant mash)
  2. Chana Masala (from Slimming World's Curry Feast cookbook) & Basmati rice
  3. Lime pickle and Cucumber chilli & mint raita (both from Slimming World's Curry Feast cookbook)
All totally sin free on Green
Oh yes, and the beer is alcohol free, so under 3 syns - smaller bottle size here in France (yes really!) than in the food directory. The fruit is for dessert, although I'm currently too full :)

Anyone else got any favourite curry recipes? I love the Curry Feast cookbook and haven't had a bad recipe yet. I'm trying the shish kebabs tomorrow night (currently in the fridge marinading overnight).
Yum

Wow that looks fantastic - all free on green too!

Love your fruit mountain ;)

I'd love the lime pickle recipe please if you wouldn't mind, I love lime pickle with my curries - thanking you.

Beware, this takes over a month to make!!!! But it is well worth the wait.

Lime Pickle
Ingredients
8 small thin-skinned limes
6 tsp sea salt
2 tsp mild or med coarse red chilli powder
2 tsp cumin seeds
2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 tsp garam masala
2 Tbsp artificial sweetener

Place 7 of the limes in a bowl, cover with cold water & leave to soak at room temperature for 3-4 days, then drain.
Halve the 7 limes, roughly chop into bite sized pieces and place in a bowl. Mix in the remaining ingredients using your fingers, mixing well to coat evenly.
Pack the limes into a small sterilised container and squeeze over the juice of the last lime. Seal the jar and shake well. Leave to stand for a month, shaking the jar every other day.

I got my curry feast book on Tues, can't wait to start cooking!

Beware, this takes over a month to make!!!! But it is well worth the wait.

Lime Pickle
Ingredients
8 small thin-skinned limes
6 tsp sea salt
2 tsp mild or med coarse red chilli powder
2 tsp cumin seeds
2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 tsp garam masala
2 Tbsp artificial sweetener

Place 7 of the limes in a bowl, cover with cold water & leave to soak at room temperature for 3-4 days, then drain.
Halve the 7 limes, roughly chop into bite sized pieces and place in a bowl. Mix in the remaining ingredients using your fingers, mixing well to coat evenly.
Pack the limes into a small sterilised container and squeeze over the juice of the last lime. Seal the jar and shake well. Leave to stand for a month, shaking the jar every other day.

Blimey, that seems a bit of an effort! But I love lime pickle so I might give it a go! Is it as nice as the restaurant stuff?

What is coarse red chilli powder? Is that the same as crushed chillis?

Do you think a lock & lock container would be ok or does it need to be glass jar with metal lid?

I made a slimming world curry from one of the recipies on here (can't remember exactly which one) but it taste really powdery and rather bitter. Anyone else experienced this and if so do you know how to overcome that problem?

Thanks

Back