Slimming World Dieter

cazfo2

:flirt2: Hi my name is Carol and i have just started the Slimming World diet so im just getting my head round it. So can anyone here help me with regards to the syns - my question is if i dont use all the syns one day is it ok to carry them over to the next if i needed to?

A confused dieter!

First of all welcome :)

As to syns, I don't generally carry syns over, but I have heard of quite a few people who use their syns over a week instead of daily. You might find it easier to stick to having the syns daily to start with at least until you get used to the plan.

Hi and good luck first of all! My understanding is that u can't carry syns over (like u can with WW). They encourage u to go mad if that's what u feel u need to do, but then get straight back on the plan the next day. I certainly feel this is a more manageable way to work and stops the 'obsessing' about how many u will have for, say, the weekend. It also then becomes more of a habit to not binge so much which makes it harder to get back on track. Does that make sense?

My consultant says to use at least 5 syns per day, and you are able to carry over unused syns x

My recommendations are that you use at least 5 syns per day but we were told at group that you start with 105 syns at the beginning of the week and you count down so you can carry them or save them for weekend

the new syn value thing is between 70 -105 which is 10-15 per day if you need 105 per week use them and you will still loose weight but if you can keep to 70 you will loose weight quicker

I used to save my syns for drinks at the weekend, or at least some of them! It worked for me but now I'm pregnant I use mine on small treats through the day and little extras to make meals nicer. Xx

Back