slimming world food directory

Hi, I brought mine in class last week for £7.50.

Hi Nanny Jo,

I'm thinking of getting a new directory too after a syns mix up on the old one last week. So I asked my mum to find out the price for me :)

Thanks Ellie, for beating my mum to it :D

I find it useful and I use it in tandem with syns online. Sometimes you just can't get online or... I know this is the height of loserness but I take mine shopping with me sometimes as inevitably I see something which I think is good and want to check there and then before I buy it and find out it hugely synful!

Nymple said:
I find it useful and I use it in tandem with syns online. Sometimes you just can't get online or... I know this is the height of loserness but I take mine shopping with me sometimes as inevitably I see something which I think is good and want to check there and then before I buy it and find out it hugely synful!

I've done that before and whilst I was grappling with the directory looking for the value of light cheese triangles, a kind lady whispered in my ear what the answer was! Then she caught up with me in the crisps aisle and loudly recited the syns in all the crisps, shaming me into moving on to the quorn section ;-)

I've done that before and whilst I was grappling with the directory looking for the value of light cheese triangles, a kind lady whispered in my ear what the answer was! Then she caught up with me in the crisps aisle and loudly recited the syns in all the crisps, shaming me into moving on to the quorn section ;-)

Hilarious! Us SWers get everywhere!

Haha, that's fantastic! I must admit I've never had anyone say anything whilst I've been skimming through my directory mid shop :D I'm sure she didn't mean to shame you into running from the crisp aisle! lol

Sounds like something I would do though... I have an irresistible desire to help and think sometimes people just think I'm being an insufferable know it all! Oops :rolleyes:

Hahaha! I know she didn't mean to shame me, but I couldn't help but feel like she knew my plan to eat the whole multipack as soon as I got home (stressful shopping day!) I reckon SW should hired someone to do the same in every major supermarket, think of it as a public service! Lol!

Whole Multi Pack Days, I know them so well! Although I never intend to do it, it just magically happens after one of those days.

I can see it now, Supermarket Syn Liaison Officer - A Pink Lady Style Jacket with SW on the back (so you don't miss her) spouting forth knowledge of syns and having a taster stall for low syn produce... It could totally work.

I find the directory really awkward to use. I would prefer it to be listed in food items and then brands rather than good sin/bad sin then brands as I have to skim down the whole section for Morrisons (example) to find soup.

Back