Slimming world from home?

My ideal weight would be 10st 3 but I think 11st 3 is acceptable. I overeat on anything really! Portions too big I suspect. But the worst eating habit is picking in the evenings. Cheese! Anything really, though I don’t keep chocolate, cakes, biscuits etc in the house. Rarely eat bread or other carbs. Never drink sweet drinks, only water, tea, coffee. I don’t seem to be able to stop eating after my dinner at about 6pm. Oh dear! That sounds rather pathetic.

@Dollybullterrier yeah i agree,...mine was like £90 last week (aldi and morissons) however a sw consultant once said to me, id rather your food bills be high but your eating the right foods and loosing weight rather than low food bills and your eating crap and gaining weight.

hope that helps?
When I put my shopping away I was amazed to see my fridge full of fruit veg salad cold meats etc, oh and 24 muller lights (12 for £3 in Tesco), there are three of us in my house that love the muller lights so had to stock up
Before Monday I wouldn’t touch breakfast, now I live for breakfast, plan it the night before, cup of green tea first thing instead of coffee OH won’t be happy as I lived on tassimo coffee and got loads of it 🙈
But my journey has begun and I’m hoping I finally do lose weight xx

Hi Beelady - welcome - I hope you will find this site helpful - you might find it helpful to read some of the members' Slimming World diaries etc - lots of good ideas and I find it reassuring to read that I'm not alone when I stray from the diet! Good luck.

Hi Beelady - welcome - I hope you will find this site helpful - you might find it helpful to read some of the members' Slimming World diaries etc - lots of good ideas and I find it reassuring to read that I'm not alone when I stray from the diet! Good luck.
Thank you upndown. I will look at some diaries, I'm sure they will help. I'm on day 3 and it's going ok, I even properly managed my meal at a carvery today, so feeling positive at the moment. Thank you again.

Slimming World's so easy to adapt to eating out isn't it - but we have to be careful - the syns can add up alarmingly o_O here's to a good week!

I started slimming world at home on Monday, I found a few you tubers who are on slimming world and have been a great help,
Only down side is my shopping bill this week, has hit the roof lol
Iv only just joined this forum too so I am a newbie x

Hi. After reading your post I searched YouTube and found some inspiring posts. Thanks for the tip! How are you doing? I am doing well and am pleased with myself so far. Weigh day Is Friday, so I am curious to see what the scales say- fingers crossed. I think shopping at Aldi helps to my bills down.

Slimming World's so easy to adapt to eating out isn't it - but we have to be careful - the syns can add up alarmingly o_O here's to a good week!
Fortunately it was a carvery which was fairly easy to adapt to SW, but how do you syn gravy when you have no idea of their recipe? I wouldn’t want to eat a roast without gravy!

Fully agree - a roast's not a roast without gravy! It's hard to syn gravy - I guesstimate by checking the calories - you may know there's roughly 20 calories to each syn but that's just what I've learned from here and I'm sure SW wouldn't agree with it but it will give you some idea if you want to count your syns.

Hi. After reading your post I searched YouTube and found some inspiring posts. Thanks for the tip! How are you doing? I am doing well and am pleased with myself so far. Weigh day Is Friday, so I am curious to see what the scales say- fingers crossed. I think shopping at Aldi helps to my bills down.
I had s wobble last night, ate a rocky bar but had already used up my syns 😪
Then today I went to a cafe with my friend, feeling down I had two slices cheese on toast, ggrrrr
Tea was loin pork chops cabbage carrots new potatoes smudging of gravy
I’m joining a group tomorrow morning in the hope it helps me
I’m still drinking my skinny coffee, one cup first thing, x

That doesn't sound too bad to me ;) we have 105 syns over the week so perhaps you could have a few less for a few days if you wanted to stay within the 105?

Hope you find going to class helps - it definitely helps me - but I've been struggling for the last few weeks. Today's the first time I've stuck to the plan for a while - hope I can behave till midnight :whistle:x

I had s wobble last night, ate a rocky bar but had already used up my syns 😪
Then today I went to a cafe with my friend, feeling down I had two slices cheese on toast, ggrrrr
Tea was loin pork chops cabbage carrots new potatoes smudging of gravy
I’m joining a group tomorrow morning in the hope it helps me
I’m still drinking my skinny coffee, one cup first thing, x
x

I don't think it's a good idea to deprive ourselves of things we love - so keep on with your skinny coffee - life's too short!

Last edited:
Back