Slimming World - my journey has begun

Chummy

Well I am just about at the end of my first week doing Extra Easy with Slimming World.

My weight has always been a problem and I have tried just about every diet you can imagine. Over the past two years my weight has increased significantly and after seeing some friends be so successful with SW I decided that enough was enough and I too would take up the challenge.

OMG when I stepped on the scales at my first Weigh In, my heart seriously sank, 19 stone and 3lbs - how have I let myself get in this mess. So this week has been the starting of a new me, I've followed the plan and have the support of my partner and 2 teenage girls. We have tried lots of new recipes and we haven't found anything that we don't all like yet. I've tried to do some exercise, only gentle walking but that is more than I have been doing. I intend to start swimming again and really hope that I can be succesful. I feel pretty determined this time and as I am never hungry it all seems too easy and I feel that I am doing it wrong. But I have read my books tirelessly to try and make sure I am doing everything I should be.

Tomorrow is the day it will all be revealed as to whether I'm doing OK or not. I feel great, it's star week for me as well, but I haven't felt unwell with that but have felt bloated but there isn't anything that I can do about it and I WILL keep going ont his.

I am amazed at some of the stories on this Forum and love how supportive you all are - so here's hoping I can get to know some of you and that we can all help each other to stay on track to reach our personal goals

xx

Hello and welcome along to our group. It sounds like you've had a brilliant first week, well done! So tomorrow is weigh in then? To be honest I felt bloated the first week and it wasn't * week. My daughter said the same. Not sure if it's a common thing.

You're right that the forum is great for tips, advice, support and my personal fave, just having a vent went you want to get something off your chest :D. They're a great bunch who are all willing to help and guide anyone.

It seems crazy that you can eat so well and not feel deprived and still lose weight, but trust the plan, it really does work.

Good luck with your SW journey, by the sound of it you're going to do really well :)

Hello and welcome! Hope you enjoy your SW journey as much as I have so far - there will always be up and down days, but if your head is in the right place you'll get through them all and the pounds will steadily melt off. Lots of help and advice here so have a good read and ask any questions you need to - glad to hear you're already enjoying all the lovely food! All the best, Nicola x

Hello and welcome along to our group. It sounds like you've had a brilliant first week, well done! So tomorrow is weigh in then? To be honest I felt bloated the first week and it wasn't * week. My daughter said the same. Not sure if it's a common thing.

You're right that the forum is great for tips, advice, support and my personal fave, just having a vent went you want to get something off your chest :D. They're a great bunch who are all willing to help and guide anyone.

It seems crazy that you can eat so well and not feel deprived and still lose weight, but trust the plan, it really does work.

Good luck with your SW journey, by the sound of it you're going to do really well :)

This is my first week and is star week also,but usually I'm only bloated the first couple of days, but its been the who,e duration this time, I'm wondering if it is related to SW. Hopefully it's not enough bloat to effect the scales for me come Thursday!

OP good luck on your journey, you seem to be in the right mindset and have a great attitude, I think that's half the battle :)

Welcome to sw and this forum! I've been on sw for 16 weeks and have lost 2st 6lbs so far! I hope to loose 6st eventually! It's a brilliant plan, first one ever to keep my attention and keep me loosing! It's so varied and can be moulded into all eventualities of day to day life if u need it too! Good luck (the bloating will pass I think its just the body dealing with so much good healthy food!)

Good luck, Chummy and welcome to this amazing site - so glad I stumbled across it when I started SW 8 weeks ago. There's so much support and advice and you never need to be stuck for meal ideas with all the brilliant recipes everyone contributes! x

Good Luck! I started 3 weeks ago and its my 3rd weigh in tonight. I can not believe how easy it is and to be honest I am kicking myself for not starting it sooner. I had * week last week and felt bloated but still managed to lose 4lbs. Good Luck! let us know how you got on ...

Back