Slimming World newbie - 12 stone to lose

chunkymumma

Hi All,

I am a newbie on here, doing slimming world and lost 6.5lb in first 2 weeks. I need to lose 12 stone at least really, Currently I am 26 stone.

Anyone else have a lot to lose, I am looking for support and some kind ears over health anxiety as well!

Myself and my husband separated around 16 months ago, but we are working on things now and hope to fix the marriage and him (eventually) come home. I set a target of losing 5 stone and asked him if he would come home once the target hit, so that I had some motivation!

Hi All,

I am a newbie on here, doing slimming world and lost 6.5lb in first 2 weeks. I need to lose 12 stone at least really, Currently I am 26 stone.

Anyone else have a lot to lose, I am looking for support and some kind ears over health anxiety as well!

Myself and my husband separated around 16 months ago, but we are working on things now and hope to fix the marriage and him (eventually) come home. I set a target of losing 5 stone and asked him if he would come home once the target hit, so that I had some motivation!
Hi well done on your weight loss so far, you have started the ball rolling so congrats on that.

I am on SW too, my goal is 4 and half stone, so not as much as some but for me a lot. I can understand the health anxiety, I have had my head stuck in the sand certainly for the last few years, refused as much as I could to get a photograph taken and the ones I did have taken I would be traumatised by them and all I could see was the fat. You are probably reading this and thinking i have 3 times more to lose, what is she going on about? But what I have learned from my own travels and from others on here, we do not put weight on by accident, it is about how we feel about ourselves, low self esteem, self loathing, negative thinking, repeated patterns of behaviour and even depression/anxiety. It can be a very disempowering cycle, but you have put one foot into the circle to stop it from spinning.
There is a lot of help and support on here, I would have a look around the SW forums, I will follow you and please if I can help in any way I would be happy to do so, I am no expert I can only tell you about my experiences on SW, my barriers, my challenges and what helps me. There are a lot of inspirational people on here and hopefully they can guide and embrace you.
So happy that you have had the strength and courage to make changes for yourself. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Back