Slimming World newbie...help!

bluebird87

Hi everyone!

I've started SW this week, and I guess I have a few questions!

EE is different to red and green plan. I've heard a lot of discussion about 'red days', 'green days' and 'EE' days, and I'm so confused! I got the books via ebags from the official Slimming World account. The information in the books only describes the EE plan, and the food diary sheets that came with it are EE. I'm yet to got to my first meeting, where I'm sure this will all be explained, but the way I have been doing it so far is lots of fruit n veg, 2 'HexB' options and 1 HexA' option, counting anything extra as syns. Is that the way most people do it? How do people know when to do EE days, or EE SP days (whatever that is!)?

As an aside, bought some fresh pork shanks with rosemary sprig from Aldee the other day, would these be classed as a free food as they are meat, or would I have to syn?

Thanks everyone!

Hi Bluebird and welcome!

SW don't endorse red and green anymore which is why you won't find anything about it in the books although there are plenty of people on here who still do them who I'm sure will help you. EESP is similar to the old red days in many ways, so if you prefer red, it may be worth a try. Basically, you should only eat foods that are marked in your book with an 'S' or P' symbol and at least half your plate should be 'S' (Speed) food. Whether or not you are allowed other free foods is an controversial topic, but I find it best to avoid them for the best results. You still have your healthy extras and syns as normal although I noticed you said you have 2 HEB's on EE. You can have 1 HEA and 2 HEBs on SP, but on normal extra easy, I'm afraid it's only 1 of each.
The pork shanks sound lovely! All lean meat is free on both EE and SP so as long as there are no hidden syns (oil etc) then they should be free.
I hope this has clairifed it a bit more for you. Any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Kx

Thanks kikaroo! That's really helpful :) hmmm, interesting about some of the free foods not being free on EESP. I might keep to EE, might give a bit more flexibility! (I like to have some fruit which isn't SP as snacks, and I'd like to keep doing this...e.g. bananas).

Thanks for the info about only having 1 each of HexA and HexB, whoops!

Yeah SP can take a while to get your head around. Free foods don't suddenly contain syns when you're doing an SP day and SW say that if you fancy a jacket potato or a banana then go for it, but to get the best loss possible, just stick to the foods with the S and P symbol. I like normal EE though, as long as you try and get your 1/3 speed on your plate where possible and don't go crazy with syns, you should start seeing some really positive results on the scales.

Back