slimming world newbie

ScarlettStar86

Gold Member
Hi everyone, I am planning to start slimming world next week, along with my boyfriend. I have around a stone to lose (initially) but he is mainly doing it to support me. I will be going to groups whereas he will just enjoy me doing most of the cooking I suspect!
What I wanted to ask was if, in your opinion, it is a good idea to go to first meeting before attempting the plan, or whether to give it a shot for the rest of the week before my first meeting on Monday? I am quite keen to rid the house of the leftover Xmas treats and such beforehand, and be in the right frame of mind before beginning the plan, but I have never attempted something like this before, and I'm very keen for it not to be "a diet", rather a new way of living. Sorry for ramblings! X

Hi, I would recommend starting fresh on your first night at class once you have all the info available to you!Also some handy advice would be not to do your weekly food shop just before you start, as I now have a fridge full of food which I shouldnt really be eating now im on the plan!good luck with your journey xo

I'm on SW too and wish you the best of luck on your journey.

I've been on SW for 4 weeks today. I'm doing it online though as there are no groups where I live. Christmas was a bit of a disaster but I decided not to let it get me down. It's the New Year and the perfect time to be losing weight. After losing 4lbs this week I've been on a high! Results like that just make me want to keep up the momentum.

You're exactly right. That's the problem with a lot if people when they diet. They feel guilty about having a bad day or a bad week. Then it's a case of the damage being done so what's the point in trying to keep it up tomorrow/next week. Soon, through guilt eating we're back to square one or worse. The trick when you go off plan for a day just start fresh the next day and minimise the damage. As long as you don't do it too often you should be ok.

I'm very much trying to stay positive regardless of what happens. I want to shift this extra weight and I won't do it by guilt binging when I feel guilty. The more you keep smiling and enjoy the diet, the easier it will be!

Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Kev X

hey! I'm starting slimming world on Thursday and I'm excited too!! :) good luck on your journey x

hey! I'm starting slimming world on Thursday and I'm excited too!! :) good luck on your journey x

Hello lovelies! I've felt hungry today but thats my own fault had a day off work and ended up going here there and everywhere and didn't want to snack on crap so got an apple and banana etc but need to consider the snack element more! got tomorrow all organised tho so I'm sorted!! you all doing ok?

Good luck with it!

Back