1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Slimming World on referral

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by pinkelle, 29 June 2009 Social URL.

1. pinkelle

pinkelle I'm on a mission!!!

Just phoned my doctors for an appointment to see the nurse to get referred for slimming world and was told I dont need to be referred, just find a meeting and go! I told her about the
    NHS referral and she practically called me thick and said to find a meeting and join!

Eaugh!!

Shall I ring back and make an appointment with a doctor and do it that way or put on a voice and ask for nurse appointment as they are quicker to see. Only thing is, if I ask to see nurse she asks why I want to see her....what can I say so she doesnt know its me again?!? :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. dino4

dino4 Well-Known Member

just its a personal matter that you want to see the nurse about.

4. txrawl

txrawl Well-Known Member

I would see the GP, as the nurse may tell you to make an appointment anyway. Good luck!

5. Starlight

Starlight Well-Known Member

Id ask for a doctors appt instead. The nurse may not be able to refer you

6. jaylou

jaylou Well-Known Member

Why not ask NN19 as she's just been referred (see other thread), she may be able to help you further!

7. Chuffy_29

Chuffy_29 Bring it on!

Referal isn't available everywhere so it maybe that your PCT (primary care trust) doesn't do it. You can ask the practice manager about it then make the appointment with your doc.

8. Minders

Minders Finding inspiration

I agree with above... if they did the referral scheme, the nurse would know about it. If you just turn up and join, you'll have to pay. You get vouchers with serial numbers on them if you get the referral.

9. pinkelle

thanks for that and thanks to everyone else who replied as well. x
    :)

10. Sallyannie

Sallyannie Well-Known Member

They dont do it every were i dont think I would make an appointment with the gp and ask them

11. pinkelle

Looks like the best bet then is to see the doctor! Thank you to all for your comments and advice. x