Slimming world on the cheap

minnietheminx

Hi i have been struggling to get back into sw as i am finding it so expensive re food etcas my husbands hours have been cut which means losing 70 pound a week . Is it possible to do it cheaply

We have been buying the ripen in the bowl nectarines and plums from Tesco. 69p for 4 or 5 nectarines and 8 plums. Also have bought the imperfect strawberries £1.29 for 400g. Been having them all summer and really enjoyed them. Look out for offers on yogs. They are regularly marked down to half price.

Value or own brand beans/ chopped toms/passatta are all fine and taste just as good as the branded ones.

How cheap?

Lidl and aldi do meat,fish.fruit and veg,bread etc cheap. you don't have to buy yogurts,cereal bars. ,crisps,chocolate to do SW. Look in b&m, Home bargains,Poundland for tin and packet things.

If you have time look around for the bargains.

Great episode of eat well for less on BBC this week (check iplayer for it), using lentils in a bolognese. SW friendly, budget friendly too - less than half price of using mince. Just one idea for now :)

It can be as cheap as you want it to be :) the budget supermarkets are excellent for fruit and veg and most of the big 5 heavily discount a range of fresh items down to something like 69p in promotions. Frozen fruit and veg is also a big saver.

Back