Slimming World or Weight Watchers?

Frankie99

Hi all, just wondering if anybody has tried both and which one worked best?

I started SW in Jan last year and lost 4 stone by August. As soon as I hit the 4 stone mark I completely lost motivation, stopped going to class and have put on quite a bit. Since then I have tried to do Calorie Counting using the My Fitness Pal app, but I really think i need to go to a class.

I'm considering trying Weight Watchers for a fresh start, but am worried i might find it too restrictive after SW? I just feel that I got a bit too comfortable with the Slimming World plan and let too many bad habits creep back. I have to get going with a plan of some sort as I can feel myself spiralling back to my old really bad ways.

Any advice you could give me would be really appreciated!

Thanks

Frankie

Its totally impossible to tell you which is best, its totally depends on what you want. I find WW a lot less restrictive than SW and a heck of a lot easier to do but thats just me. For every person who says SW is best youll get one saying WW is.

What things are most important to you in your diet?

Youve already tried SW why not try WW for a few weeks and compare and see how they compare. Restrictive is definietely not a word Id associate with WW the very opposite, its the easiest most flexible diet Ive ever done :)

i also did sw and lost over 2.5 stone...gained it all back plus extra
:( i joined ww on thursday night so its still early days but i have to say im finding it really good,i like the fact that my portions are controlled and so far so good,good luck what ever you choose to do x

Thanks guys, I did WW about ten years ago and found it quite restrictive then, but guess it's probably changed since then! The thing I love about SW is not having to count every single thing, but then that doesn't help with my portion control!
Think I will go along to WW on Weds and have a go!

I've tried both and must admit, I loved weight watchers, the new plan was good, but I just lost motivation! Pointing everything could be frustrating, and because you could eat anything, but had to point, I felt like I was never eating healthily. So far on SW I've found I've eaten more fruit, veg and salads than I have in a long time. I genuinely think it's down to personal preference and that both have their strong and weak points!!!

Back