Slimming world or weight watchers???

busybee123

im so utterly confused, i know both diets work, but dont know what to do.

Please tell me if you tried both and why you prefer WW.

Thanks, im desperate!!!!

Hi
I've done both and for me I prefer WW because I feel it helps me with portion sizes so I'm not greedy anymore and I also feel I have more variety. Eg I love coco pops that would be 5/6 of my syns on SW where as WW it's 3pp for 30g I love WW quiche too and hate SW syn free quiche but too many syns to use for a normal one.

SW makes me feel like like I'm losing out and I eat too much!

WW is really easy to follow especially if you have WW app to log everything.

It's all personal choice and lifestyle tho to be honest and only you can make the decision.

Good luck
:) x

I have done both. I find sw restrictive. My main problem is bread. On sw when used up the healthy extras then it counts as syns. On ww it is simply count it in. Even on ww filling and healthy method low cal bread is allowed.
At the end of the day its personal choice. I have had the same dilemma of which diet plan but your thread had helped me decide. Hope you sort out your preference. Best of luck. X

both great suggestions thank you.
But i like slimming world for the wrong reasons, ie eating too much, so i do feel WW is the way forward for me,.

Thanks.

To be honest for me SW i eat too much, don't know when to say no.

I needed something that said *right thats enough* and ww does that for me as i only have 26 pp to use a day, it helps with portion size. I also like the fact i CAN eat pizza if i want too and i can have wine if i want too. With SW it's too restrictive and the syns don't go far. SW is also alot of planning and prep.

xx

I agree with all of these, I eat too much with SW and it's too restrictive with regards to bread. Another great thing about WW is the weekly allowance I love my red wine and can use my weeklies for that. Everyone's a winner ;)

I have just made the switch. I lost over 6 stone with SW in exactly a year. I was losing and gaining the same half a stone at the end though and needed a change. I was sick of eating loads of one thing and hardly anything of another. When you are starting to do wierd stuff with chick peas or cous cous to try and make a cake etc, I just felt I had moved away from proper food. I made this half syn cake and added up the calories and it was massive amount. So I thought for a while about switching. I feel really liberated and eat what I want in a portion controlled way and love it.Weight is coming off nicely and it's so lovely to go out with my family and find something on the app to eat and not feel i've messed up. Yesterday we had a lovely pizza in pizza express, all within my points. You cant do that very easily on SW. I'm loving the switch.

You're doing really well Lucia :) (incidentally i love that book)

Ww because whatever u eat, u make sure u don't eat too much. Like pasta, I could eat a bowlful, not good, now I have a handful of brown pasta for 5pp instead of a massive bowl! Avid I still feel full! Also u can eat what u like as long as its sensible. Portion control.mainly x

Excellent.
thank you all. You've definitely made my mind up for me and I even enjoyed a bag of wotsits today which I never would have done on SW!!

I was wondering this too. Im joinging Slimming world class tomorrow. Thing is with me, when im on weight watchers its fine but what do you do when you get to your target? SW is a more sensible approach to eating healthily. SW is the only one that the doctor recommended to me. But its what ever works for you as an individual, we all work differently

I've done both. I could never work out why SW didn't work. Turns out I have a food addiction so telling me that I can eat unlimited amounts of something was NEVER going to work - LOL! So it's WW for me.

slimming world is good ..i lose alot of weight when i stick to it ... i really do go for it and eat unlimited always with good losses but i think ive came to the conclusin i would rather have taste than quantity..its strange but i would rather have extra veg and have something i reely want than unlimited meat..its only my first four days not sure what day i started but im already showing a 4 pound loss and ive had things i would of totally banned on sw for the same weightloss.its like id buy a packet of ham and eat a whole pack as a snack ..now i have 4 pieces and it does the same job...hope this makes sense,sorry i dont punctuate im used to texting all the time haha the only thing im worried is i realy do eat alot of veg and dont want to eat to much and 40 points a day think its way to much lol

We all want the same result, to lose weight and feel better, it doesnt matter which way we do it as long as we are sensible
xx

Two years ago, I joined sw and managed to lose three and a half stone. It was great at the time, I felt I could eat what I want, as much as I want, without thinking of portions. Then for some reason I stopped going to class and fell off the wagon. The only problem was I still felt that I didn't have to worry about portion sizes. I know I should have had more will power and eat better foods but the unlimited eating stuck.

When I decided to join weight watcher, it wasn't a massive shock when the scales shown almost a 6 stone weight gain!! Since joining I have had steady loss (even though I have extra to lose than last time), and even when I have gone off the wagon again, I've managed to be in control and not lose confidence to get back on the plan.

I know I've written loads here but we've talked about the different plans in class and we have all come to the same conclusion. Don't know if anyone else agrees?

Forgot to mention, the time difference between sw and ww for me was roughly 9 months. Thats why I think 6 stone was a ridiculous and disgusting amount of weight to gain in the time

For me it's simple - portion control and a sandwich!! I'm a busy working mum and can't get my head around lunch prep - I know there are loads of options but I just don't do it - I need to be able to grab a sandwich when I need to for lunch. I can't predict when I choose my healthy extras what I might end up having at lunch time

Both are great and can work - both I think are lifestyle choices forever. It comes down to your eating habits and daily routine.

Back