Slimming World Password

I believe that to attend free as a target member you have to lose 7lb to target whilst a full paying member. Eg. If your target is 10st then you have to join at at least 10st 7lb. If you join at 10st 3lb then your target would have to be 9st 10lb at the most.

There's two seperate things here.

In order to join SW you have to want/need to lose at least 7lbs and still be a healthy BMI (i.e. if losing 7lbs would cause you to be classed underweight you cannot join). In other words your target would be to lose 7lbs or more in order to join.

Once you have set and reached your target you can attend for free. You can be 3lbs over target and 3lbs under target and continue attending for free, but anymore and you start paying again.

Your personal achievement target (or PAT) can be whatever you want it to be, it doesn't have to be what the government, BMI or height/weight chart says your target should be it can be whatever you want! :D

Natt

I started at nearly 11st, got down to a target of 10st, lost 3lbs more, then set a new target for 9st 7lbs. As long as I'm within 3lbs either way of 9st 7lbs I can go for free. At the moment I'm around 10st so I just need to get down to 9st 10lbs before I can go without paying.

If you set your new PAT at 9st 7lbs you will have to pay until you reach that weight, not within 3lbs of it. You are not officially at target until you reach 9st 7lb. Only then will you be able to go 3lbs either way.

Why did you lower your target if you do not want to pay?

I reached my new target of 9st 7lbs just before Christmas. I was told then that I could attend for free as long as I was within 3lbs of target. If I go over that 3lbs, I have to pay again until I'm within 3lbs again. So my understanding is that I can attend for free as long as I don't weigh over 9st 10lbs (3lbs over target). I think there is a week's 'grace' so if I'm over 9st 10lbs (or under 9st 4lbs which is 3lbs under target) I am allowed one week to get back within range before I have to pay.

If I get down to below 9st 4lbs, I can set a new target as long as it is 7lbs less than the previous target. So at that point, I could set a new target of 9st and only pay whilst I'm losing the last 3 or 4 lbs. down to 9st.

Last edited:
There's two seperate things here.

In order to join SW you have to want/need to lose at least 7lbs and still be a healthy BMI (i.e. if losing 7lbs would cause you to be classed underweight you cannot join). In other words your target would be to lose 7lbs or more in order to join.

Once you have set and reached your target you can attend for free. You can be 3lbs over target and 3lbs under target and continue attending for free, but anymore and you start paying again.

Your personal achievement target (or PAT) can be whatever you want it to be, it doesn't have to be what the government, BMI or height/weight chart says your target should be it can be whatever you want! :D

Natt
i thought it was a stone before u can join slimming world..well that used to be the rules

They will last two weeks each. :)

Simple answer - if you want to know, go to group :)

I will, when I know I'm within 3lbs of target weight (or will be by the following week). I really resent the humiliation and expense of going to a group having put on weight. That was why I asked the question. But never mind, it doesn't matter that much! I can always write out a food diary.

There is no humiliation of putting weight and going back to group. So many target members do, but many fall off the wagon by not going back. I know, I did that previously, hit target, and thought I could do it alone. I was wrong and put back almost all that I lost. I went back several times before making it this time.
If you resent paying, that is up to you, but surely the price of SW is worth it? It won't take long with determination.
Anyway, good luck.

damnit i didn't see the pword this week! can i use last week's one then? (I mean i know i currently can, cause it's working, but will that 'die' on sat?)

Read the first post regarding Slimming World Password... as Starlight has already mentioned!

If you don't agree with our rules or Slimming World's rules then this forum is not for you.

Admin.

Read the first post regarding Slimming World Password... as Starlight has already mentioned!

If you don't agree with our rules or Slimming World's rules then this forum is not for you.

Admin.
I see you've had your scissors out Mini!

Back