Slimming world & PCOS

kitty75

Hi everyone,
was after some advice, I have PCOS and was wondering if anyone has any success with SW plan, really looking into this but dont want to sign up online without some feedback.

Is it a time consuming diet because this is where i lose interest

Thanks in advance

I joined SW for first time in may 2009 I was 15st 3.5 and by august I was 12st 5! I had pcos and found the weight just dropped off and I'd been trying to conceive for 5 years too and found out I was of pg at the end of July! At my scan I had no cysts on my ovaries at all.it isn't time consuming if you plan you're meals in advance,I find it really easy to do and there's so much variety :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Mrs Fordy, some great reassurance there. Previously did WW but find as i get older, I just havent got the patience or time to be weighing foods and constantly planning.
Thanks again

I think to do any weight loss regime the key to losing weight is planning and weighing (to some degree).

You will need to weigh certain things on sw, however you will soon find short cuts to these, for example- I know one of my small glasses is 250ml so I use that to measure my milk for my cereal in the morning.

It doesn't take long to weigh stuff and a lot of stuff is measure free anyway.

It's just about getting into the right mind set to lose weight. Eventually it becomes second nature.

They found a couple of very small cysts on my ovaries in oct, and although the gyn said it's not a 'true' diagnosis if PCOS, the cysts are classes as that.

Once you start losing the weight it will improve your symptoms hopefully.

I didn't have a period in 2010, however since losing weight they have gone from a period that didn't have a pattern to one that is now coming every 6 weeks.. Im hoping this reduces to every 4 weeks once the weight loss carries on but a 6 week cycle is normal too I've been told.

I started SW in may last year. I'd previously had a scan and was rife with cysts. Had a scan recently and no cysts and the doc questioned if I had PCOS at all. I highly recommend SW as a way to lose weight any it is not time consuming in the least - its so easy!!!

Oh and forgot to day I'm regular as clockwork - 28 days bang on!!!

Thank everyone for taking time to answer, i have been struggling with PCOS and fibroids for years, after years of no periods, i now suffer from prolonged periods (sometimes lasting 4 months!) and kind of been very lazy on the diet front after getting bored of WW. Really want to find an easy plan which fits into my lifestyle so SW seems the best option at mo
Thanks again ladies :)

kitty75 said:
Thank everyone for taking time to answer, i have been struggling with PCOS and fibroids for years, after years of no periods, i now suffer from prolonged periods (sometimes lasting 4 months!) and kind of been very lazy on the diet front after getting bored of WW. Really want to find an easy plan which fits into my lifestyle so SW seems the best option at mo
Thanks again ladies :)

Oh Hun, don't put yourself through all this! Seriously it will get better once you lose weight... Just 6 months of weight loss can make such a difference,, x

Thanks Roziee, on the SW website looking at the online membership and also looking at various starter packs on ebay (will struggle getting to classes near me so have to do it this way).
Thanks for the advice :)

kitty75 said:
Thanks Roziee, on the SW website looking at the online membership and also looking at various starter packs on ebay (will struggle getting to classes near me so have to do it this way).
Thanks for the advice :)

Then this will be your class - minimins that is :)

I started sw without classes... Decides to start class this year but was rubbish so back doing it on my own again..

As the above poster said.. Minimins is my group. So much more helpful than my group was.

Thanks girlies,
Do you think i will be ok just getting the starter pack off ebay as opposed to the online subscription, massive price difference...
I love minimins!

Just make sure it's the orange book as the green ones are old ones. The new one came out in January :)

Kitty, I have suffered with constant period, no period, excessive body hair, fibroids and all the gory things too.

SW is the best diet ever invented. I normally buy loads of fruits, veg and some meat. I live on my own so I make my soup in a big batch, keep some in the fridge and some in freezer. Make rest of the meals on the day. I do not have a menu and eat what I fancy.
Started SW just before christmas and so far lost 11lbs. Not as big loss as I would liked but it is a loss (better than staying the same or gaining). I do not go to any classes as I tried it a long time ago and found them unhelpful and boreing. Just got some old SW books and use this forum for all the support. Everyone is so lovely and helpful.

Good luck in your weight loss journey and if you need any help I am here.

Thanks floweryrosie, what plan do you do. I am looking at the EE days as this seems to be best one for my lifestyle

Thanks floweryrosie, what plan do you do. I am looking at the EE days as this seems to be best one for my lifestyle

I do a combination of plans. For the past 2 weeks I was on EE (this is not like a diet at all as you can eat almost everyting without fat and calorie laden junk), however, I decided to do Green for a week or so. I have odd Red days as it does not suit me very much.

Hi Kitty,

I was diagnosed with PCOS at the age of 15 having had 2 periods, then nothing for 2 years, and was put on the pill. I joined SW in 2009 and by the end of 2010 had lost 5 stone 6 lbs. First year I did it online then joined a group for the 2nd year. I stupidly stopped following the plan for a year and have since put almost 2 stone back on :( but I'm back on now. We decided to start trying for a family last November so I stopped taking my pill and have had 3 regular periods so I think even just losing the 3+half stone has made a massive difference to my condition. I did follow extra easy for a few months but found the original plan is so much better for me, the weight comes off much easier for me without having many carbs. Go for it xx

Back