slimming world quark lemon mouse mmmmm

lizzielipps

Back to basics!
I made a great lemon mouse the other day with quark

4 egg whites blended to soft peeks
1 tub of quark
2 tbs sweetener
1 sachet of sugar free lemon/lime jelly mixed with 2 tbs boiled water to dessolve
juice of one lemon plus a little rind
fold all together put into pots and leave for 4 hrs
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D soooooo goooooood :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
__________________ not sure on sugar free jelly sins????

Sounds lovely (I love anything lemon flavour)

The jelly is 1.5 syns per sachet

Hi Lizzielips, by a tub of quark I assume you mean a 250g tub. Sounds nice, I make a similar dessert with:-

250g low fat (or fat free) cottage cheese (Smartprice is OK)
250g low fat fromage frais
1 satchet Hartleys sugar free jelly crystals made up to 1/4 pint, mix all together when the jelly has cooled slightly then leave in the fridge until you feel the muchies coming on! Delicious and filling. Just one thing though, the first time I made it I just tipped the cottage cheese in but there were little cheesey lumps which I didnt like, last time I made it I pushed the cottage cheese through a sieve first, it was a lot better, but I am now off to try making it just with fromage frais. I will let you know how I get on.

Oh yes!!!!!!!!!! Third attempt omitting the cottage cheese is sooooooooooo smooth and delish! Suppose it depends on individual taste, but for me this is the best, just fromage frais and jelly. So easy:):):):)

They all sound yummy! I think I'll try the jelly and fromage frais first as I'm not a very adventurous cook :)

What a fab idea! will have to try this in all the jelly flavours i can find! another low syn dessert!! :) thanks

I use quark for making the alpen 'cheesecake' by squashing broken up alpen bar (2x HeB) into a scone cutter .....mix the quark with sweetner and an options sachet of your choice (1.5 to 2syns...depending on flavour) then top with sliced banana :) yum!!! :) (Presents better if you can leave it to 'set' in the fridge for an hour or so in the scone cutter).... i can never manage to wait that long ;)

Just made a pot with quark, lime sugar free jelly, a couple spoons of 1 cal sugar with a spoon of rum and a spoon of coconut essences(I assume they are practically syn free) hope it turns out alright as its a first attempt experiment, inspired by this thread

Just made a pot with quark, lime sugar free jelly, a couple spoons of 1 cal sugar with a spoon of rum and a spoon of coconut essences(I assume they are practically syn free) hope it turns out alright as its a first attempt experiment, inspired by this thread

how did this turn out? :)

how did this turn out? :)

Surprisingly nice, could have mixed
the packet of jelly with maybe half a pint of water instead of the quarter of a pint to a 250g tub of quark I used as it set a little bit firm but was a nice change from just normal jelly, looking forward to trying with different flavour jelly's and essences

I made this last night, but still thought it was too thick with 1/2 pint.

May try it makin the jelly as directed and whisking in the quark. That may make it more mousse like??

I made this last night, but still thought it was too thick with 1/2 pint.

May try it makin the jelly as directed and whisking in the quark. That may make it more mousse like??

Its all down to personal taste, I was after a creme caramel type constituency, half a pint pretty much gave me that, I guess a full pint would be more an angel delight type pudding. Its all trial and error, just add/subtract the water you use according to how previous one turned out

Back