slimming world question

shezza1

Hi there! I joined MiniMins to see if anyone know the answer to my question on slimming world as I am not a member of a slimming world group but I am doing the sw diet cos i still have the books from years ago! Im 5ft 6in and I weigh 10st 2.5lb so im not overweight but I would like to lose 10lbs for my holiday in May. I just wondered if this was the best diet to lose the weight on? I tried s.w diet last October for 4 weeks and lost about 1lb! I also go to the gym 4 times a week, and I know they say you dont have to exercise on s.w but has it helped anyone's weight loss?
thanks in advance!

if you stick to the plan properly then yes! in my first 4 weeks i lost a stone! (14lbs)

I think you answered the question yourself Shezza!

If you followed SW - and did it properly for 4 weeks and only lost 1lb I think it tells us a couple of things.

Firstly, with so little to lose (from a low start) exercise will be absolutely imperative.

Secondly, you might have to accept at your current weight, losing a further 10lb is not realistic/possible!

Finally, and I stand to be corrected on this, but as I understand it, SW would not take you on as a member as you are already at target weight, or do not need to lose anything (or something similar) - I'm sure I read something along them lines.

As a bloke, I am aiming for 7st 2lb loss (exactly 100lb) from 17st 7lb to 10st 5lb - I joined the gym and went hill walking too really pushing up high peaks as well as specifically targetting areas via crosstrainer, rowing machine and exercise bike etc.

I doubt I'd ever be able to get to 9st 6.5lb that you are wanting without serously risking my health! (unless I had surgery to remove excess;)) and I'm about the same height as you.

Steve

Are you looking and people who loose 7/9 pounds a week and think "wow? I want that loss too??" As nasty as it may sound (i am a larger lady at 19 stone myself) it tends to be the "larger" ladies who loose significant amounts of weight- the 7s, the 6s, the 5s.

My mum is around 11 stone and looses (max) 1.5 pounds a week, you can't expect the big losses at your sizes- you don't have that much fat too loose!!

But yes, exercise is important. Yes it is "good for your health" but I think at a certain stage you can't really expect to loose weight without it.

You could go on one of those shake diets- but lets face it, your not going to live on shakes forever are you? As soon as you eat normal food, you'll put it all back on again!

Give it another go. If your not loosing weight, if you keep your food diaries you can get your money back after 4 weeks.

Are you looking and people who loose 7/9 pounds a week and think "wow? I want that loss too??" As nasty as it may sound (i am a larger lady at 19 stone myself) it tends to be the "larger" ladies who loose significant amounts of weight- the 7s, the 6s, the 5s.

I'm so glad someone's pointed that out. I know it's common sense but I have been looking at my friend and thinking "how are you losing so much you cowbag?!"... she's losing so much because she's much bigger than me (and doesn't have a thyroid problem lol).

stay within safe limits Shezza1, otherwise you risk later life problems like osteoporosis.

thanks guys! thats exactly what I wanted to know! so i'll give it another week (cos ive been on it for 1 week already) ive lost 2lb but im assuming it water loss as im weeing every bloody half hour! (or feels like!) sorry tmi!
if i lose 1lb then i'll be happy with that, if not i'll go with good old calorie counting!

PrincessPink-x said:
Remember that if u r excersizing then you will be turning fat to muscle and muscle weighs more than fat

Arghhh!!! This lovely misconception raising its ugly head again! muscle does NOT weigh more than fat!! 1lb of muscle weighs 1lb, and 1lb of fat weighs 1lb!! Lol!! The difference, that people constantly misquote is that muscle is more dense than fat, therefore occupying less space in the body :)

The rule with slimming world is that you must be able to lose 7lbs to join so if the minimum weight you were ever alloud to be going on BMI is 10 stone you would only be able to join slimming world if you weighed more than 10 stone 7lbs. Hope that makes sense :)

Ive recently rejoined SW my current weight is 9st 9lbs my target is 9. 7lb Ive not had a problem rejoining.

I was at target and down to 9.4 at one point but crept back up a bit.

peggypig said:
Ive recently rejoined SW my current weight is 9st 9lbs my target is 9. 7lb Ive not had a problem rejoining.

I was at target and down to 9.4 at one point but crept back up a bit.

You only want to lose 2lbs? Or you want to loss 8.5lbs?

I can't tell if your Target is 9 stone 7 lbs or 9 stone and half a pound ...

The rules are different if your a returning member, if your a brand new member you would not be ok to join if you only had 2lbs to lose, the consultant physically can not submit that data.

hi girls, I wasnt thinking of joining a group, just wanted to get rid of the wobbley bits on my tummy! ready to put the bikini on for my holiday in May. And YES im exercising and doing toning exercises! The last 3 years ive had to wear a swimming costume cos after having my daughter the stomachs not what it used to be lol! just would like to wear my bikini this year!! x x

Remember that if u r excersizing then you will be turning fat to muscle and muscle weighs more than fat

Oops! that's done it:eek::eek:

Arghhh!!! This lovely misconception raising its ugly head again! muscle does NOT weigh more than fat!! 1lb of muscle weighs 1lb, and 1lb of fat weighs 1lb!! Lol!! The difference, that people constantly misquote is that muscle is more dense than fat, therefore occupying less space in the body :)

Lol. Alright Jo?;)

Back