Green Day Slimming world rosti.

Dave23

Hallo
I've not been on the forum for a while but wanted to get back into it.
I'm thinking of trying a free on green potato rosti and I want to oven bake it and not fry it.
Has any one had any luck doing it this way?
Thanks
D

Hello Dave
Ive made rosti's in the frying pan, not in the oven & dont use any oil only Frylight. So, if you're interested my rosti's are:
Grate raw potato, grate raw carrot (omit if you dont like carrot, could use onion if you prefer), 1 egg & seasonong
Squeeze out any 'juice' from the potato & bind with the carrot & egg
Mould into pattie shape & gently 'fry' both sides until cooked....you can undercook them & pop into the oven until cooked. You could use 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil (6 Syns) if you prefer that to Frylight
Hope that helps........free on Green & Extra Easy

Ive done them in the oven before. They'll be fine as long as you squeeze as much water as you can out of the grated veg before you put them in. I grate the veg, lay it out on a tea towel then roll it up and wring the living daylights out of it :D Then mix them in the egg and whatever else you're using, to bind, and cook in the oven in a bit of Fry Light.

It can help to cook them covered to make sure everything cooks through and goes soft, then take the foil off to crisp them up for a bit at the end.

kim63 said:
Hello Dave
Ive made rosti's in the frying pan, not in the oven & dont use any oil only Frylight. So, if you're interested my rosti's are:
Grate raw potato, grate raw carrot (omit if you dont like carrot, could use onion if you prefer), 1 egg & seasonong
Squeeze out any 'juice' from the potato & bind with the carrot & egg
Mould into pattie shape & gently 'fry' both sides until cooked....you can undercook them & pop into the oven until cooked. You could use 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil (6 Syns) if you prefer that to Frylight
Hope that helps........free on Green & Extra Easy

That actually sounds lovely I'm not doing slimming world though I'm doing weightwatchers but I don't think that should be Many points :) I think I'll try it .
Quick question do I boil the carrots to cook them first or do I just grate an mix with the potatoe ? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That actually sounds lovely I'm not doing slimming world though I'm doing weightwatchers but I don't think that should be Many points :) I think I'll try it .
Quick question do I boil the carrots to cook them first or do I just grate an mix with the potatoe ? Thanks

Yes they are delicious....no you dont need to boil anything before hand, just make sure you get rid of any excess fluid from the pots & carrots before you bind with the egg & cook them fairly slowly in a very good non stick frying pan with some frylight. They become nice & crispy on the outside & moist in the middle....dont forget to season to taste before cooking.
However, if you did cook the pots & carrots before hand it would cut down on the cooking time of them in the frying pan, but I dont think you would get that nice 'rosti' texture as the pots & carrots would be all mushy, more like a 'bubble & squeak' pattie!

kim63 said:
Yes they are delicious....no you dont need to boil anything before hand, just make sure you get rid of any excess fluid from the pots & carrots before you bind with the egg & cook them fairly slowly in a very good non stick frying pan with some frylight. They become nice & crispy on the outside & moist in the middle....dont forget to season to taste before cooking.
However, if you did cook the pots & carrots before hand it would cut down on the cooking time of them in the frying pan, but I dont think you would get that nice 'rosti' texture as the pots & carrots would be all mushy, more like a 'bubble & squeak' pattie!

Ah thanks I'm gonna try that now sounds lovely as I'm sick o eating little baby boil potatoes lol

I've made another type with instant mash.
Make it up but very thick, add fried onion and garlic (fried in fry light).
Make them into palm sized patties and fry in fry light until browned.

You can use real mash, great for left overs.

Dave23 said:
I've made another type with instant mash.
Make it up but very thick, add fried onion and garlic (fried in fry light).
Make them into palm sized patties and fry in fry light until browned.

You can use real mash, great for left overs.

Also sounds lovely I'm gonna give these a try tasty and filling nice :) thanks for that

Try These!

Pete’s Hash Browns

Serves 4

Ingredients

4 medium sized potatoes (ff)
*onion, finely chopped (s)(sff)
* 45g low fat cheddar cheese (1Hea)

* Extra’s

Method

Finely grate washed, unpeeled potatoes, place in a sieve & wash until the water runs clear, place a portion of the potato into a potato masher and squeeze as much of the water as possible, remove from the masher and add any extra’s, return to the masher and press into shape, remove the mix from the masher and sprinkle with salt, place in a hot pan sprayed with Fry Light. Cook for a few minutes then spray with Fry Light and flip over, repeat this until both sides are cooked. Serve with an omelette or beans, etc.

HashBrownsSmall.jpg

HashBrowns-2Small.jpg

HashBrowns-5Small.jpg

HashBrowns-3Small.jpg

HashBrowns-4Small.jpg

Back