slimming world v weight watchers

Never tried WW myself so I can't really comment on what's best but for now it's SW all the way for me. I have friends who have lost 2-3 stone on WW and they love it! It's all down to personal choice and what suits you best, but at the end of the day we're all doing SW/WW for the same reason which is to lose weight, and that's all that matters x

I, too am a WW to SW convert! I lost about 10kg on WW and having come back from a holiday last week where I over indulged on cream teas and alcohol I knew I needed to get back on a health kick and diet. I have heard many positive things about SW and a week in I can already see it as a more manageable way of life. I am enjoying the cooking side - today I cooked up the syn free onion chutney/marmalade and made the syn free houmous. :)

Still adjusting to the not counting points that WW was all about and am finding it strange that I can eat rice, pasta and potatoes so readily!
Not regretting the change so far!
Good luck with you journey! :)

I have to say Lundychick, I'm a little concerned that you're cooking up syn-free treats when your weight is only 5st8lbs! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that that's just a typo in your stats! :)

Yes, that is a typo! Still trying to get my head round these forums and the website! Using the app at the mo and when I want to view my profile or others's profiles it says i don't have permission? Maybe I need to do more posts still?? Will have to log in via the actual website to amend my stats then :p

Well everyone 1st weigh in today 3lb off! Not too sure how I feel about it to be honest. In one respect I am loving the plan and haven't been hungry like on ww but can't help feeling I should have lost more as I am heavier than I was before I went of the rails!

3lbs off is brilliant, Chocolate! Well done, especially if you haven't been feeling hungry or bored! Keep up the good work! :)

Kathy x

When I was younger I loved WW mainly so I could have vegetable soup and salad all weekend so I could drink loads of wine lol! But now I'm old with kids that's not really a priority so SW is better for me - not quite as much choice as WW but less hunger for sure :)

When I was younger I loved WW mainly so I could have vegetable soup and salad all weekend so I could drink loads of wine lol! But now I'm old with kids that's not really a priority so SW is better for me - not quite as much choice as WW but less hunger for sure :)
Glad you're now enjoying SW...I think the plan is better and better as we discover more recipes and ways to use our HEX's.

I think Slimming World suits me more because of all the free food. I get fed up with weighing things just for my healthy extras!

I am at the top end of goal at we but my pvenue, day and leader have changed. I would like to lose 7lb and am thinking of going back to slimming world to lose it even though it means paying

Must say I do prefer SW than WW. Having done WW on & off for serveral years, I felt constantly hungry & deprived. A friend of mine turned me onto SW as her mother was having great success so started in April 2014, since then I have lost 10lbs which isn't much but at least it has stayed off & I don't feel like I'm starving all the time. The only downside I see with SW is you have to do alot of prepping in terms of your meals, but as a person who didnt like to cook, I'm really enjoying it now & can't wait to try out new SW recipes!

Yes, must admit, with SW I've re-discovered my love of cooking and, for days when I'm pushed for time, I use my slow cooker. I know you still have to prepare what you add to that but I just chuck it all in, without any pre-cooking/browning and it comes out fine. Never tried WW though so can't compare properly.

Kathy

Hi

I did Weight Watchers years ago but found I was too hungry on the plan and kept using my 'points' on treats and then only eating salad! It wasn't great for my eating habits and I gave up after a couple of months as I was quite hungry on that plan. I think it's probably changed since I last did it. However, I then switched to Slimming World and found that I could each more due to free foods and still lost weight. I did SW years ago and kept it up for a year or two.....but life then gets in the way! Unfortunately, I'm back to where I started and am now doing SW at home instead.
Good luck everyone on your diet program for this week! :)

I lost 5 stone with WW 8 years ago on the old points system. Since then I have put it all back on. I rejoined WW but really struggled with pro points, it just doesn't suit me.

I have dabbled with SW on and off, losing 19lbs a few years ago. Then life got in the way and I stopped going.

I have now rejoined SW and have found the motivation to stick with it. It is like something has clicked in my head. I am 40 this year and I don't want to spend my 40's like my 30's, miserable due to my weight issues.

Good luck, Meredith! Think SW is so much easier and more flexible now Extra Easy has been added. Here's to looking fab at 40!! :)

Kathy x

Back