slimming world v weight watchers

I think i have tried every diet in the world over the last 30 years you name ive done it..and until the last 10 years i probably didnt actually need to lose much weight...we are mad sometimes!!!

Switching from ww to Slimming worlc

Hi

I am currently following ww and I have had some success up until going on my holiday and putting on a stone! Basically I can't seem to get back in the wagon, I am hungry and craving rubbish all the time. Weekends are becoming a bit of a pig out session lol.

Just wondering what the weight loss is like on slimming world and if anybody has gone from ww to slimming world?

TIA

Xxx

I've done both. I had some success with WW (2st) that then ended up undone. With SW I have actually addressed the problems with food choices. The emphasis is very much on cooking from scratch and there are no convenience foods in the supermarket or branded snacks a la weightwatchers. Personally I think SW is much better but its horses for courses. Give it a try and see how you get on.

I also lost a few stone with WW about 10 years ago. It has slowly crept back on and more. I couldn't get motivated on WW this time round so I decided to give SW a go and I'm loving it. I've lost 15 lb in 7 weeks

We are just buying lots of healthy stuff at the supermarket and I'm saving money too as I'm not spending money at lunchtimes. I find it easy to follow but you do need to be organised. I find cooking big batches at the weekend to go in the freezer really helps too.

Give it a go :)

I also did WW a few years back but the weight came back on and more. I'm hoping that this will be different as I am eating more than ever and not feeling deprived, can still have treats etc. Doesn't really feel like a diet, more a change of eating habits for life. You will need to do a lot of cooking (I can't cook but my boyfriend does it all - he loves it!). Would definitely recommend Slimming World to anyone. Best of luck to you!

Thank you so much for your replies I am going to go for it! I am hoping this is going to be a plan for life now, so fed up of thinking about diets!

Xxx

I think SW is better from that perspective. It's changes for life unlike a traditional "diet". How I eat has changed immeasurably since last year. I credit SW with a lot of that. Where ww is good for convenience SW is good for food education. Let us know how you get on. The plan can take some getting used to, particularly trusting it to work after going other plans. Stick with it and we are always here to help! :)

Good luck im another convert from WW and SW has worked much much better for me..im no cook but i can make simple healthy tasty meals that satisfy me and i save a ton not buying ready meals and junk double win..let us know how you go

Thank you, it's great to hear it is working and better than weight watchers ? I am going to start after bank holiday, can't wait x

I tried WW a few years a go and I lost about a stone, I did enjoy it but I became bored really quickly. When I joined SW I was cooking much more (from scratch) and enjoying doing so! It's always the one 'diet' I come back to x

I lost 4.5 stone on Weight Watchers 4-5 years ago. I was really good on the plan and I liked it a lot, but still ate really bad food if you know what I mean? Every days I ate low point junk food instead of eating properly. They changed it a lot with Pro Points and it completely stopped working for me. People in my class were losing more weight than they had been previously but I actually started gaining weight and was obsessive about counting (it really threw me off when they brought it weekly points and stuff as well as daily points - I was dipping into those every day just to feel full). It got to a point where I had gained half a stone while doing my best with it. I was starting and stopping and starting over and trying again but it just wasn't the right plan for me, I wasn't happy on it and I wasn't lsoign on it. Anyway, I packed it in and put all bar 1 stone 3lb of the weight back on.

Slimming World has forced me to stop eating packaged stuff as much. I hated it at first and didn't really trust in the plan so stopped going to that too. I was at the end of my tether this year and something just clicked in my head, I came back and once I really threw myself into it I found it so easy. My skin is better, I sleep better, I'm never hungry and my nutrition is probably the best it has ever been. It'll take a few weeks and some time to adapt to the plan and all the cooking/prep required, but you will love it when you get into it. I guarantee you if you do it by the book, the weight will fall off, and even if you're good 6 days out of 7, you'll see it on the scales. There is no way I would ever give it up again.

Thank you for all the support here it is brilliant! I was going to start after bank holiday but I feel that bloated and horrible I am going to start tomorrow! I am signing up on line, does anyone know if you can pick you weigh in day? X

If you are going to a group check out the SW website for local groups in your area. You might have a choice of days then depending on how many groups there are. I think if you just do it online you probably weigh in whatever day you register, but I could be wrong. I signed up with a 12 week countdown to give me enough time to get my head around things and I'm so glad I did because I love it!

I did online for ages. You can choose your weigh in day. It makes sense to be the day you start but you can always change it by emailing support. They do it really quickly!

I lost 4 stone with WW on the old points system then put 2 back on when Propoints started, despite the weekly points it just didn't suit my lifestyle. I've decided to do SW as on EE I can eat the foods I like (pasta and rice) without having to point them so I'm not feeling deprived. Have lost 6lbs in two weeks - the most weight I've lost in 2 years!!

That's brilliant well done! I am on day two and loving it so far. I am not obsessing about food and certainly not hungry like on weight watchers! I love I can have a jacket spud as well without starving myself all day because of stupid points xx

I think i have tried every diet in the world over the last 30 years you name ive done it..and until the last 10 years i probably didnt actually need to lose much weight...we are mad sometimes!!!
That's so me! When I was 18 I threw a strop when I joined the local gym and they told me I was 10st 4lb and needed to lose 4-6 lbs! I'm now coming up for 50 and would die to be that weight! I'm just under 13 stone and am still trying to lose the baby weight after stupidly having my second baby at 45 (23 years after my first! ) I'm annoyed with myself for not appreciating my (quite) slim teenage self!
Sal x

Back